Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Paranoid News Clips

Old 01-22-2004, 02:43 PM   #1
bigjames
Premium Member

Default Re: Janklow will only serve 30 days in jail

F*** Y** South Dakota. BOYCOTT STURGIS!

I'll find somewhere else to go. And yes, I am one of the thousands who have actually have been there and planned on going again, no more. F*** 'EM.

BigJames

Macon, Ga
bigjames is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 01-22-2004, 02:49 PM   #2
F451
Founding Member

My sentiments exactly, I wrote something else as well on the Jacknoff news topic, but right now I'm pounding the hell out of my keyboard, so instead of breaking it over a POS named Jacknoff, I'm going to sit down and a beer...and then I'm sending off a letter to SD, certified mail.
F451 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2004, 02:50 PM   #3
nbyers
Registered Member

Seems Janklow is a "hard-line law and order" guy only when it applies to others.

This sentence is unbelievably light. Many people in this forum expected this kind of thing, though....
nbyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2004, 03:41 PM   #4
sanchin
Registered Member

This is truly a travesty. There are people serving longer sentences for other offenses that are nothing compared to what he did.

I hope the Scott family wins big in the lawsuit.

What a sad state our country is in today.
sanchin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2004, 03:42 PM   #5
BMW4VWW
Founding Member

I wonder how much time Janklow would have demanded that one of us "little people" recieve, if we had run over, and killed one of his family members. VWW
BMW4VWW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2004, 03:46 PM   #6
maxriderdon
Founding Member

They call that a sentence??? 30 days??? For killing someone??? This jerk had a record of reckless driving. It was only a matter of time with this low life. That is what makes this sentence even worse. He has no excuse for his actions. It's like driving drunk, getting caught twice, doing it again and killing someone. Once again money and power gets another off free.
Old 01-22-2004, 03:47 PM   #7
maxriderdon
Founding Member

Good Point!
Old 01-22-2004, 04:10 PM   #8
giuliom
Registered Member

Well, I was hopeful that, since his previous record could be introduced in the sentencing stage, the judge would see this case for what it is. This was not an "accident," this was callous disregard for human life, and you knew that sooner or later someone was going to get killed. I am pissed off at this so-called "sentence." I do think bikers should organize and, at the very least, flood ND with e-mail and letters. I am not a violent guy, really, but I sort of wish I could meet Janklow in a dark alley somewhere... I hope that 30 days is long enough for him to get really "intimate" with some other prisoner, possibly some 350lb guy named Bubba. It just stinks. BTW, I don't know if you have heard. but a black teenager in Georgia had *consensual* sex with someone who was almost sixteen and because of Georgia law he is facing a mandatory 10-yr sentence. A guy with a 3.96 GPA, etc. etc.

Where the f*** is justice here?

giuliom
giuliom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2004, 04:19 PM   #9
oleland
Registered Member

I agree, boycott em that makes two of us, now how do we get the other 500,000 people to agree to it?
Old 01-22-2004, 04:56 PM   #10
veefer69
Founding Member

Well, there I sat in my satellite truck waiting for the verdict while my photographer took a nap. We were expecting no time at all actually, but were the jaded press. Anywho, a man stepped up to the truck and told me he is the reason that Janklow is in trouble. I asked why, and he proceeded to tell me that he was teh heckeler that got Janklow all upset that night. And he has a website up explaining why Janklow is an assh#le. Check it out and realize that its a site from a un verified man. But then it could be some truth up there. www.geocities.com/mschutterle
veefer69 is offline   Reply With Quote