Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Paranoid News Clips

Old 01-23-2004, 12:43 PM   #61
cyclesteve
Registered Member

Default contact AMA about the boycott

I suggest that all of us in favor of a boycott of Sturgis contact the AMA. I had contacted the AMA's president at the time of the murder. I suggested a Sturgis boycott then. I was told to wait for the outcome of the trial and sentence. We have both now and most of us seem quite unsatisfied with the leaniency. Contact the AMA now and let them know how you feel.
cyclesteve is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 01-23-2004, 01:08 PM   #62
kill_van_kull
Registered Member

Default Re: Janklow will only serve 30 days in jail

If you want to get even more pissed off about this, read the editorial in the ArgusLeader about the case. Was Janklow punished appropriately? Their words: "The fact is, we cannot know. Real justice occupies a private - and ultimately, unreachable - place in the hearts of those who seek it." Bull-f'in-*****! I say we can know, and the answer is HELL NO! To the Argus editors, apparently being sorry is enough. Perhaps next time I'm in SD (ie never) I'll "take liberties" with a few of their daughters. Hey, as long as I'm "torn apart" about it and all, they should let me walk...

http://www.argusleader.com/editorial...yfeature.shtml
kill_van_kull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2004, 01:47 PM   #63
waepoint
Founding Member

Default Re: Beliz?

The deal is also that Belize learned English and civic stability during their decades of British rule. It's one of the friendliest, most beautiful countries I've ever seen. Oh, and they also have approximately 4 paved roads in the entire country, giving negligent murderers like Janklow less real estate to plow over innocent people.
waepoint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2004, 01:48 PM   #64
arizonagerg
Founding Member

Hello? Not one comment on the "suspended sentence" part. I think that is the biggest travesty. From the ArgusLeader story:

"Janklow also received a suspended imposition of sentence, which means if he completes his jail time and a term of probation the felony conviction will be removed from his record."

Poof! Make the felony conviction go away? Cripes, the rich and powerful have their own set of rules to play by in this country. From my albeit limited experience, that (the suspended imposition of sentence) is NOT normal. I just cant believe it.

Does that mean he will get to run for office again?

MAYBE the next time he kills somebody there will be justice. I wont hold my breath.

I also found interesting that, according to the news story, Janklow's lawyers have appealed the conviction, AND, have filed a motion with the judge asking for a new trial.

Politicians always want to hold people accountable, except for when it comes to themselves.

arizonagerg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2004, 01:49 PM   #65
macmanjim
Founding Member

No John, Protective Custody, also known as ***** City. How's that Jag coming along?

2009 R1200RT

My Motorrad
macmanjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2004, 01:51 PM   #66
macmanjim
Founding Member

Damn, you guys block everything. Poossy City

2009 R1200RT

My Motorrad
macmanjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2004, 02:05 PM   #67
johnnyb
Founding Member

So true. Nicely put. Let's all keep voting Republican and keep the ball rolling!
johnnyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2004, 03:28 PM   #68
mce63
Founding Member

Default Forget Sturgis, how about a state wide blockade

Sturgis will have eight months to get their PR machine geared up to deal with the negative publicity.

I'd much rather have riders get together and blockade all State and US roads at the SD border on the day of his release.

Maybe the good citizens will realize how isolated the judge's decision has made them.
mce63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2004, 04:47 PM   #69
seruzawa
The Toad

Default They'll never get me...

...down here in Mexico!! There's plenty of room down here now since Bushie invited tham all north!
Old 01-23-2004, 04:49 PM   #70
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Are you kidding? Teddy Kennedy set the standard for leaving people by the road to die!
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote