Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/index.php)
-   Paranoid News Clips (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   Janklow will only serve 30 days in jail (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2303)

seruzawa 01-25-2004 03:40 PM

There's the pot...

..calling the kettle black.

Thank you for proving me absolutely right.

Have a nice day.

rsheidler 01-25-2004 03:59 PM

Re: Janklow will only serve 30 days in jail

That is also what I understood -- that the jury ruled that the sex was consensual, but did not understand that the statutory rape charge they DID convict him of had a 10 year mandatory sentence

Anyone know what the Washington State statute of limitations for staatutory rape might be? Just in case it is 35 years or more, I will say that this is hypotherical (yeah, right!) -- the girl I was balling when I was 19 was not quite 16, and I was far from her first. Where do legislators get off setting the age of consent at such absurd levels anyway -- any idea what % of girls have had sex before age 16?

BTW, I am the father of a teen-aged daughter and I am no more in favor of such laws now than when I was a teenager!

yellowduc_1 01-25-2004 06:06 PM

Re: Hey...

No, No, you got it all wrong. It was....... the indians yeah ,that's it, the indians

Buzglyd 01-26-2004 04:38 AM

Re:*contradiction alert* Part II

Must I point out that the moron calling for a boycott of Sturgis, hates Harleys and has never ridden more than 50 miles from his own home?

What's next, Sonny Barger boycotting MotoGP racing?

sarnali 01-26-2004 05:51 AM

Re: The flip side (Politics for dummies and SDSU grads continued)

If Gore had of won we'd have sent a strongly worded letter and withheld grain shipments for a month to Afganistan.

sarnali 01-26-2004 06:06 AM

Re; Speaking of MotoGp

Take a look at the photos of Rossi testing the Yamaha YZF-M1 at Sepang in Brit. web site MCN.com

On his first weekend of testing Rossi came within 0.2 sec.s of Biaggi best lap times. Though Biaggi was faster all weekend it was Rossi's first time on the bike.

Give him and Yamaha a short while to dial in th YZF-M1 then sit back for some excellent racing this season.

Buzglyd 01-26-2004 06:18 AM

Re: Re; Speaking of MotoGp

Sorry, Sonny's calling for a boycott. No can do.

Actually, I'd love to attend a GP race. You can't hear all the cool sounds through the tube. I usually hit a couple of AMA Superbike races each year.

Andonyx 01-26-2004 06:32 AM

Re: Janklow will only serve 30 days in jail

I agree with your surmise that the sentence is light, and I also agree with your notion of that being the point of the article.

But there is a difference between news reporting and editorial. I'm not entirely sure how this on-line publication would define its own role in regard to this matter, but if their point was that it amounts to little more than a 30 day sentence...it seems week to make that claim without showing how they arrived at that claim.

If their aim was to report the story, they reported it inaccurately.

If their aim was, as I suspect, to inflame the passions of already angry motorcyclists, myself included, well, that they have done.

But none of that changes the fact that regardless of how it is implemented, or what actual effect it may have...the court sentence was 100 days, not 30.

KPaulCook 01-26-2004 06:45 AM

What an idiot. You have cause and effect reversed (Econ for dummies)

Where did you go to school idiot? Go back to your Community College and ask more questions.

"Fact: Clinton could balance the budget because so much money was coming in with an already great economy. "

Ask yourself why the economy was doing well? It is because of responsible fiscal policies by the Clinton Admin and responsible monetary policies by Alan Greenspan. The economy is a man made thing i.e. it's business cycles are caused bye changes to monetary and fiscal policy.

Go BACK TO SCHOOL and find out why the budget deficits that Bush is running up are bad.

KPaulCook 01-26-2004 06:49 AM

That was good

Seeing you caught up in your lies and then seeing you go back to your old name calling thing. So predictable.