Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Paranoid News Clips

Old 01-16-2004, 01:29 PM   #11
orcyclist
Founding Member

Default Re: Sad day

I'm a baby boomer and I always wear a full face helmet and protective gear. Some of us realize that we're not invincible. I also don't believe in loud pipes - except on the race track where they belong. Let's not give Joe Average any more reasons to be pissed off at riders.

Helmet wearing (or not wearing) seems to cut across all sprectra of society.

Just my $.02

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 01-16-2004, 01:33 PM   #12
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Default Re: Cali Bill 1200 Without Organ Music

Freedom is never about compromises. I don't need to compromise on what is already mine to begin with.
Old 01-16-2004, 01:34 PM   #13
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Perfume in a pig sty is what you are seruzawa!
Old 01-16-2004, 01:37 PM   #14
KPaulCook
Banned

Default Excellent Point

"The AMA can't seem to get it together for anything except helmet laws - and that's why I choose not to belong" You would think they could promote safety, motorcycle as solution to traffic congestion, pollution etc. But no the AMA burns up political captial on opposing helmet laws that save lives.
KPaulCook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2004, 01:41 PM   #15
RonXX
Founding Member

You can't be serious. That kind of thinking will lead to a really crappy country. It is clear to anyone that the governments of our various sub-divisions of land already impose illegal rules upon the citizens. Allowing laws to be enacted based on them initially making intuitive sense alone is a serious mistake. Remember : 'You give 'em an inch, they take a mile'.
RonXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2004, 01:47 PM   #16
KPaulCook
Banned

Default What a joke

"Freedom is never about compromises." What the hell does that mean.? With Freedom comes responsibility and riding without helmet is not a right it is a privilege in Illinois Just like driving. With privileges comes responsibilities, to me you are irresponsible to drive a motorcycle at 60mph without protective gear. Irresponsible to yourself, your family and to your employer (who probably pays your medical insurance) . You of all people, being an ex-firefighter, should be aware of what can happen when you wreck. I suspect if your would of been an EMT you would have a different opinion.
Old 01-16-2004, 01:57 PM   #17
KPaulCook
Banned

Both of you are like slow kids in honors Math class. Disruptive, dumb, and have absolutly nothing of value to add. You don't get it and never will
Old 01-16-2004, 02:06 PM   #18
johnnyb
Founding Member

Ah the old "Slippery Slope" argument, a classic. Give em an inch an they'll take a mile. (Usually what happens is they take their inch and wander off to the next display.) Welcome now to the real world. If you wanted the no-helmet law to pass in California, could you think of a better ad campaign than by telling the public Fresh Organs are part of the deal? Again, what plan do you have for your organs after you're dead? Basically you get something for nothing. I guess you hafta get past that freedom propaganda first.
johnnyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2004, 02:08 PM   #19
TatdNPrcd
Founding Member

lol! I always expected it but now I know for sure. You are a bad, bad man Mr. Burns!

Seriously.
TatdNPrcd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2004, 02:14 PM   #20
TatdNPrcd
Founding Member

It's a religious thing, Man. I plan on being mummified so after I'm gutted and had my brain sucked out through my nose all of that has to be entombed with me so I can take it to the other side. I'll need it then. Don't assume to know what I'll do with them after I'm dead.

TatdNPrcd is offline   Reply With Quote