Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Paranoid News Clips

Old 01-15-2004, 10:51 AM   #31
EbonFlame
Founding Member

Default Out of the Loop

Another colloquialism eludes me!

Would someone take a moment to tell me what a 'mouth-breather' is, and why? The expression doesn't seem to make much sense to me and I've seen it half a dozen times in thread.

Gabe, man, that was awesome.

...back to lurking...
EbonFlame is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 01-15-2004, 11:28 AM   #32
burtonsimmons
Founding Member

Default Re: Stunter hits & kills friend who was videotaping him.

Amen, brother!
burtonsimmons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2004, 11:38 AM   #33
Tigercub
Founding Member

It's a little too late to weigh in on this one, but that doesn't stop me. What's there to debate? That an unfortunate accident happened or that motorcycling should be banned? Sometimes people are careless and that can happen anywhere at anytime. There is nothing to debate, just that this is another example to the lay community who hates motorcycles how this sport is not regulated enough. This is an obvious example. Most people get pissed-off when we split lanes, cut through traffic, use loud exhaust pipes etc. We need to all be aware how we may be adversely impacting other people.
Tigercub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2004, 03:10 PM   #34
pplassm
Founding Member

Default Re: A little more chlorine in the gene pool please,

That's ATROCITEUR, to you, bro.
Old 01-15-2004, 04:02 PM   #35
BrokenLink
Founding Member

Default Good reasons exist for suing someone

I guess I would agree with KPaul on this one. Civil remedies exist to compensate victims, penalize the wrongdoer and to hopefully prevent things like this from happening again by being a deterrent. Given that the rider was 21 and the victim was 17, a minor, this goes beyond killing your buddy nomad76. This is an adult killing someoneÂ’s child. This 17-year-old child probably wasn't covered by life insurance, burial insurance, etc. His parents will have years of mental anguish etc.

No suing won't bring him back but it does have a purpose in our legal system

BrokenLink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2004, 04:30 PM   #36
nomad76
Founding Member

Default Re: Good reasons exist for suing someone

I'm not saying there shouldn't be appropriate legal recourse in a civil sense, in case criminal liability isn't applicable ... I'm just saying it's a damn shame this society often feels money is the answer when something dreadful happens.

I may be going out on a limb here, but families who qualify for the 9/11 fund yet don't apply may be families that realize money won't bring back a loved one.

As someone whose father died in a house fire where the house's owner may have been at fault, my family and I simply didn't see the point in ruining other lives after a tragic (get ready for the word) accident. Money won't bring him back.

I'm not trying to shout down anyone's point of view, just express my own. It just amazes me that money's considered an accepted substitute for any real justice. And in this case, I doubt either the victim or perpetrator had harmful intent factored as part of the equation.
nomad76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2004, 04:42 PM   #37
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Default Re: The Civil side also has penalities

Really, what some idiots, like the originator of this thread, that post about "law" don't understand is there are 2 kinds of laws. One is for after the fact, and the second prevents the occurance in the first place i.e. outlawing sportbikes period. After that law is in place there won't be any need to enforce the other type and the "accident" never happens in the first place. Some idiots believe this won't happen, but if he was actually an AMA member, and read his magazine he would know in 1987 there was a law proposed by Senator Potter to outlaw sportbikes in the U.S. That same idiot should know that "after incident" enforcement and litigation only goes so far, which is why we have bans and proposed bans on things like guns and drugs, and soon sportbikes. The insurance companies are going in that direction right now because of this crap. Oops, I forget he was too stupid to think farther than his own ass. Sorry.
Old 01-15-2004, 07:03 PM   #38
veefer69
Founding Member

Wow that is terrible. You know, I wish I could just ride a wheelie. I think what these guys can do is simply amazing. A bike that I bought and paid for, I would not expose it to stunts and stupid behavior. I guess I am just to conservative...
veefer69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2004, 02:15 AM   #39
lukam
Founding Member

Man I was almost disappointed. It took a bunch of post but it happened, another cry baby jap rider trying to blame something on the Harley crowed. I sware the Dip$hits on this board are better entertainment than anything on TV. Just give every article enough time and the cowards who can't go up and thump the chest of the next Harley rider he sees comes here and blames all of his self loathing on every Harley rider everywhere from behind a keyboard. Keep it coming morons you keep me in stiches.... Oh yea, saw another crotch rocket body under a white sheet on 1-25 in Denver a couple of weeks ago, seems he tried to pass on the inside shoulder with all of his buddies and wacked the inside guard rail. The super jap technology sure didn't help him much did it....
lukam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2004, 02:54 AM   #40
sanchin
Registered Member

There is a motorcycle salvage shop near my house that is filled with the bikes these nitwits

have crashed. It is kinda sad because it is clear that people were hurt or killed on these bikes. I swear there are ghosts. But, the bikes are 99% sportbikes. No Harleys, maybe an occasional cruiser, but not very often. I ride sportbikes, but save all the follishness for my dirtbike and have crashed a few times without catastrophic results.
sanchin is offline   Reply With Quote