Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Paranoid News Clips

Old 12-29-2003, 11:16 AM   #101
wrecks
Founding Member

Default you are one dumb f****

GM had to scrap their electric car because it was overweight, slow, and had an extremely limited range. It used heavy lead-acid batteries and was only useful for 50 miles or so. Hybrids are not electric cars. GM did not pioneer hybrid technology. They did not surpass this market. They were asleep. If the big 3 had stuck with product development instead of hiring a bunch of P&G marketers and brand managers to make product decisions they might still make a half-decent passenger car to compete with the likes of Toyota.

I don't know why I even bother with fools like you. I can't wait to see your next imbecilic post.
wrecks is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 12-29-2003, 11:51 AM   #102
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Default Re: Fantasy for now

Gotta agree with you there. I live near the border and it only takes on old rolling wreck to pass by belching smog to support your statement. Don't forget the wannabe hippies driving around in 1968 VW buses.

In California the vehicle registration is based on the value of the car, not how much it pollutes.
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2003, 11:55 AM   #103
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Default Re: you are one dumb f****

The State of California had a 0 emission vehicle mandate. 10% of sales had to be electrics (which really aren't zero emissions when you think about it).

Ford, Toyota and GM all offered them. Sales were dismal for all because no one wants to spend 8 hours "fueling" there cars.

The hybrid technology is the best compromise so far. The goofballs at CARB even changed the mandate.
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2003, 01:41 PM   #104
lukam
Founding Member

You bother with me because you are a stupid media driven slave, who believes everything every dumba$$ on the news tells him. I just ***** you off because I can make a choice on my own and do my own research. Worst of all I get in your face and call you out for being such a A$$HOLE when it comes to actually siding with what you believe in instead of just trying to be on the team that you feel will make you look the best. Come come little boy let's try again....
lukam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2003, 01:45 PM   #105
lukam
Founding Member

Let's see you sell 36,000 Pirus models, yet GM manufactures 10,000 hybrid buses to transit authorities and saves more gas and emissions than 500,000 Pirus cars.

Oh yea, and the media tells you Toyota is so great so you suburban slobs can feel good about yourselves..Hypocrites....
lukam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2003, 05:18 PM   #106
BMW4VWW
Founding Member

Default Re: Astrophysical factoid:

Locutus, Did you read my link posted above? Please do and you will find that that the levels of CO2 we are experiencing now are fairly inconsequential to planetary warming when compared to fluctuations in solar activity. VWW
BMW4VWW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2003, 05:31 PM   #107
BMW4VWW
Founding Member

Default Re: Hybrid bike

As motorcycle braking takes place mainly on the front tire, wouldn't the wheel assembly need some sort of mechanical device to gather said energy, thereby increasing unsprung weight? VWW
BMW4VWW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2003, 08:46 PM   #108
KPaulCook
Banned

Default Best post here. Kudos to Honda and Toyota

Once again American companies dominated by short-term profit non-technical Harvard MBA's do it again. I think GM, Ford, and Chrysler all have great engineers who have lots of new ideas. Unfornuately, upper management is not really technical, some are marketing sales types, some are financial guys but few come from engineering backgrounds. Keep in mind all domestic manufacturers lost ground in market share this year. Honda and Toyota pride themselves in engineering. They are going into CART and Formula 1 where few dare to go. Long term thinking will serve Toyota and Honda well

Japan, India, China, Russia cultures value the engineer. In the U.S. they are called nerds, too technical, whiners, etc. Do you read Dilbert ? Unfornuately it is too real to be funny anymore.. The Dumbing down of America continues.
KPaulCook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2003, 08:51 PM   #109
KPaulCook
Banned

Default There is a tax break though

I think the tax break offered does make it a little better but you are right. Only competition and increased consmer demand for hybrids will make hybrids really economical.

Right now it is a eco-techie cool thing to do.

Old 12-29-2003, 08:59 PM   #110
KPaulCook
Banned

Default Your analysis is right on.

Have to agree with. Beyond all of the technical issues you so skillfully pointed out. Motorcycles in the U.S. are not necessity items. Thus no one who buys one is worried about gas. If you are, you buy a scotter. Even though you point out that a hybrid bike the size of a gold wing might have a shot, I think the lack of market for such bike would kill it.