Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (https://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Paranoid News Clips (https://www.motorcycle.com/forum/paranoid-news-clips/)
-   -   Janklow updates (https://www.motorcycle.com/forum/paranoid-news-clips/2231-janklow-updates.html)

F451 11-19-2003 06:50 AM

Re: Janklow updates

They need to hang the bastard and get it over with. I can't stand Janklow. He's a self-serving jerk.

ender 11-19-2003 06:54 AM

Power Corrupts...

This man has obviously been able to get away with a lot in his life that you or I would have been hammered for. High political standing allowed him to bend rules that eventually broke. The fact that he continually bent rules in his favor seemed to have been greeted with Good Old Boy acceptance, like the poor behavior we have come to expect and tolerate from professional athletes. As long as he brought home the bacon to his state and greased a lot of palms everybody looked the other way. It should be no surprise to anybody that he behaves like a sulking two year old when after all this time society decides to actually enforce the rules. Janklow is not a good man, but the people who passively condoned his behavior all these years should be doing some soul searching as well. We as a society get what we demand, when we demand little from our people, we get little people.

Monster_1 11-19-2003 07:39 AM

Re: Power Corrupts...

Well said. One can only hope that the trial is truly fair and metes out proper justice. I'm no lawyer, but his past driving record clearly indicated he was an accident waiting to happen. Will it be "covered up" to conceal what has turned out to be a deadly lapse in previous enforcement?

seruzawa 11-19-2003 08:01 AM

Re: Janklow updates

You may notice that the "Judge" will not allow any evidence of Jackloff's previous driving record into court. Allowing past incidents into court is called "prejudicing the jury". That's another clever trick invented by lawyers to help a criminal get off. The jury will only look at this as a single incident and never learn that this guy is a dangerous repeat offender. The article doesn't mention if the lawyer.. er I mean "Judge" is an old pal of Jackloff. That's quite likely in a low population State like South Dakota.

Being a dangerous criminal Jackloff is eminently qualified to be a Congresscritter.

You didn't think that Jackloff was going to have to pay for his crimes did you? Those rules don't apply to the Republicrat Elite. Only to the taxserfs. Probation will be the absolute worst this guy will face.

sarnali 11-19-2003 08:54 AM

Re:Fair Trial

This guy's a real piece of work, eh? " the media is trying to prevent him from getting a fair trial"

Apparently a "fair trial" will be one that results in mr. janklow being exonerated and mr. Scott being charged with obstructing a puplic servant

KPaulCook 11-19-2003 09:42 AM

What can we do?

Several things come to mind
[*]Threaten a Sturgis boycott if Janklow is given a slap on the wrist.
[*]Have the AMA file a wrongful death suit on behalf of the victim. This was done in WA state when a Police Chief killed his wife. Latter it was learned that the city of Tacoma was warned about his defective psycholigical profile way before the killing
[*]Write letters to the SD papers and politicians to let know we are watching. The AMA did this before he was charged and it was effective

bigjames 11-19-2003 09:49 AM

Janklow is the former Governor and Attormey General

He probably appointed the damn judge to begin with. Time to start the boycott Sturgis bandwagon....

bigjames 11-19-2003 10:11 AM

Been saying Boycott since day one!

Hope someone has been listening! Like I said above, time to get the Boycott Sturgis ball rolling! Unfortunatly if MO starts it, they will get sued, so it has to be a grass routes movement (I am a member of the BMW RA, can tell you volumes about how a sleazy government can cause a law abiding group who complains a ton of troubl in court)

The SOB is going to walk, mark my words...

BigJames

bigjames 11-19-2003 10:13 AM

One more thing....

The victim was from Minnesota. The family can file the suit there if I am not mistaken. That way they would have at least a chance to get to the SOB in question.

BigJames again.....

seruzawa 11-19-2003 10:28 AM

Re: Been saying Boycott since day one!

Good luck. But I don't think a boycott of Sturgis by people who don't go there in the first place is much of a threat.

And I don't see how a boycott would affect Jackloff anyhow. The main harm will be to the business owners, waitresses, etc. Won't hurt Jackloff one bit.