Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Paranoid News Clips

Old 11-21-2003, 03:51 AM   #31
VR1000racer
Founding Member

Default Re: Janklow updates

Doug, (this is a letter I wrote to the author of the Minnesota newspaper article)

I read your article about Bill Janklow with a great deal of interest. As a lifelong Republican, I think that he should appologize to everyone and resign, even though he has not been to court yet.

My reason for this belief? He killed a man in an accident that was his fault.

Court and a trial has nothing to do with guilt or innocence, only with what your "official" sentence shall be. he caused the accident. Their is no question of that. I do not understand how our society has become so entrenched in the belief that "guilt or innocence" is determined by a jury of your "peers".

Janklow's peers would be a jury of congressmen. That would be an interesting verdict to say the least.

It saddens and offends me that Janklow would have this kind of an attitude, especially in light of his "political reputation" and his prior driving record.

It is a tragedy that Randy Scott was out enjoying a ride, only to have his life ended in an act that seems to have occured as a result years of abusive driving habits on the part of Janklow.

Perhaps even worse, It is a pity and a sad statement about our society as a whole that instead of at least offering remorse and condolences to Randy's family and friends, Janklow is trying to "Spin" it into a case of victimization of him by the media.

Bill Janklow, you need to resign, appologize, (in person) and accept responsibility for your actions, and don't drive like that again.

Regards,

Mark L

Ozark, MO

Thanks
VR1000racer is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 11-21-2003, 04:29 AM   #32
seruzawa
The Toad

Default Re: Many

In the first place I wasn't asking you.

In the second place one can only be suspicious when an idea to boycott Sturgis is considered good by the mentally ill Resident Idiot(tm) Kook and other Harley Haters(c) who have never been to Sturgis and would never go there anyhow. For every person who would be upset by the boycott I can guarantee you that there are 10 others who would be happy to see mtorcycles never ever again on the roads of South Dakota. The vast majority of people fear and dislike motorcycles and in our growing climate of totalitarianism in the US any ban on motorcycles would easily receive majority public support, especially after being softened up by a media campaign.

Any boycott may upset the locals in Sturgis, but many more others in the State could care less.

Any time you want to compare actual political activism records I'd be more than happy to oblige. Do you go to your State's Capitol every year and directly testify before any Committees? I think not.
Old 11-21-2003, 05:44 AM   #33
electraglider_1997
Registered Member

Default Boycott?

KPaul,

This boycott would hurt the citizens of the entire Black Hills region which is not a good thing. Quite a few make most of their yearly income off of the Black Hills Classic and hurting them would have little effect on Jack-off other than loosing him a few votes. Chances are at this point in time he is as much an a--hole in their eyes as ours. Anyway, I'll bet that those of you that call for a boycott of Sturgis never have gone yourselves so you have been boycotting it all your lives. The bullet point of writing South Dakota papers seems to me to be the best course of action for the average biker. Yankloff hasn't a chance in hell of being an elected public servant after murdering a SD citizen and then trying to act the victim. He's a self serving jerk and now all of America knows it. Some of these movies we've all seen one time or another where a corrupt senator thinks he can get away with anything including murder always seemed so far fetched. Not anymore.
electraglider_1997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2003, 06:01 AM   #34
seruzawa
The Toad

Default Re: Wait, you think the locals make money on Sturgis?

Yeah, it really becomes a Ghost town as all the local restaurants, bars and gas stations close down and the out of state entrepeneurs take over.
Old 11-21-2003, 06:57 AM   #35
KPaulCook
Banned

Default Stop name calling and think

I think you are just egging us on.
KPaulCook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2003, 07:03 AM   #36
jfiore
Registered Member

Default Re: Janklow updates

If you notice, the term used was "republicrat", which is non-affiliated...
jfiore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2003, 09:09 AM   #37
F451
Founding Member

Default Catch Phrase

Playing on what others have stated in regards to boycotting Sturgis, we could start the spread of a catch phrase such as:

If Janklow walks...Sturgis balks

Okay not the best, but something easy to remember. Others?
F451 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2003, 12:59 PM   #38
grover750
Founding Member

Default Re: Many

I assume you were talking to me. I've been to Stugis during the rally once. Too crowded. Nowhere did I claim to be a rally regular. I just don't think motorcyclists should be going out of their way to spend their money in a state whose elected officials kill motorcyclists.

I agree with the point you're trying to make. Calls for a boycott would have more weight coming from a rally regular.
grover750 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2003, 01:04 PM   #39
grover750
Founding Member

Default Re: Catch Phrase

How about:

Janklow walks, the borders LOCK!

(as in, no bikers through SD)
grover750 is offline   Reply With Quote