Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Paranoid News Clips

Old 11-20-2003, 06:24 AM   #21
travisyoung
Founding Member

Default Re: More Janklow BS

It's interesting that Janklow's passenger (his chief of staff) said that Janklow actually slowed down for the intersection. As I understand it, he was going 71 at impact...so, how fast was he going before he started to slow down?
travisyoung is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 11-20-2003, 10:04 AM   #22
pplassm
Founding Member

Default Re: Harley people

Try usenet: rec.motorcycles.harley

or you can use groups.google:

http://tinyurl.com/vvj2

You're welcome.
Old 11-20-2003, 10:19 AM   #23
KPaulCook
Banned

Default Re: Been saying Boycott since day one!

Does that really matter? It's a great idea and you should jump on board. He makes better points than I.
KPaulCook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2003, 10:20 AM   #24
KPaulCook
Banned

Default grover has the best post here.

Well said man!
Old 11-20-2003, 03:17 PM   #25
KPaulCook
Banned

Default Are budget deficits bad?

"Are deficits bad?

Persistently large deficits can be bad for the economy since they can lead to higher long-term interest rates and can depress national savings. In addition, large debt amounts can lead the economy down an unsustainable path. Each of these effects could harm the economy. Furthermore, deficits simply push off the burden to future generations. This is particularly troubling with the coming retirement of the baby boomer generation.

However, deficits do allow the government to finance vital national priorities, and can buffer the effects of economic fluctuations. The current level of deficits will hopefully prove to be, in OMB director BoltenÂ’s words, "manageable." However, the persistence and the magnitude of the deficits, especially considering current and future needs that are going unmet, as well as the unprecedented dive from surplus to deficits, are a sign that the current administration is not acting in a responsible manner on tax and budget issues" see attached article for more.

Bush is evil
Old 11-20-2003, 06:27 PM   #26
bigjames
Premium Member

Default Many

been riding +30 years, already planning not to go to Sturgis 2004. Any way what the F does it matter how many times I've been? The boycott threat did wonders in Daytona in the '80's! Been there a lot too. Woke there asses right up. So you wake up and may be, just may be you just might understand a little concept called political activism, but you are probably to apathetic to give a damn. Yeah, you pissed me off.

BigJames
bigjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2003, 06:31 PM   #27
bigjames
Premium Member

Default AGREED!

Grover get's it, KPaul get it, I get it, don't understand why anyone who rides doesn't get it. Guess they'll get it when some a hole (with a driving record a mile long an a ton of political clout) runs a stop sign and kills 'em.
Old 11-20-2003, 06:38 PM   #28
bigjames
Premium Member

Default See seruzawa, everyone gets it but YOU!

of course, if they jail the a hole, I'll have to change my plans and go after all.....This jackass is a 4 time govenor, former attorney general and current congressman. He has been living off the state for decades and is VERY popular.

I think we all know where this is going...

BOYCOTT STURGIS IN 2004!

Go to one of the little Sturgis rallies in Sturgis, Michigan or Sturgus, Mississippi instead...

BigJames
Old 11-20-2003, 06:44 PM   #29
bigjames
Premium Member

Default Wait, you think the locals make money on Sturgis?

Whoa, where have you been? The locals get the hell out of Dodge! Look around, most of those vendors were in Daytona and Laconia too! But seruzawa has proably never been there, to far away, I am sure. You know who will lose money, the state and cities in the area that reap/rape the benefit of all the Biker money that flows so freely in August. Go up there any other time, none of those poor folks seruzawa is so worried about are anywhere in sight. And if they are, if we hit them in the wallet, they might remember on election day...

By the way, I just happened to come across my 1989 Sturgis trip pictures, yes I have been doing this for a while. Wow, that 1988 Electra Glide sure was prettier without those 180,000 miles on it.....

BigJames, again and finally done venting, 'til I read some more posts...
Old 11-21-2003, 02:47 AM   #30
monsters4
Registered Member

Default Re: Janklow updatesU.S. Rep. Bill Janklow near-miss to be admitted at trial

A South Dakota judge has ruled that prosecutors can bring up an incident in which U.S. Rep. Bill Janklow (R-S.D.) almost hit a pickup truck with a car

See AMA article

http://www.ama-cycle.org/news/2003/janklowhearing.asp
monsters4 is offline   Reply With Quote