Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Paranoid News Clips

Old 11-05-2003, 09:25 AM   #11
grubz916
Registered Member

Default Re: GREAT IDEA!

That's just wonderful. The equipment is found to be faulty and the gov't refuses to return the fines it has wrongly collected w/out the accused putting up a fight.

On a lighter note, I've read that many of these camera's are the subject of vandalism, i.e. set on fire, lenses painted, torn down. I subscribe to Performance Bikes & they once ran a picture of a helmeted rider sitting on top of one of them, pants down, bowels vigourously moving!!! If only....

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 11-05-2003, 10:24 AM   #12
mscuddy
MODERATOR X

Here in Glendale, we shoot 'em off with old Mausers purchased from Big-5.
Old 11-05-2003, 12:31 PM   #13
clively
Founding Member

Default Re: Big Brother is Now Watching You From a Bike!

the fine might be small now but if it comes down to it they will hike it up for big $.

They just did it in Texas for license plate covers and obstructed plates so that tollway fines could be enforced. Now everyone suffers (if your plate is blocked) instead of people not paying the toll.
clively is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2003, 01:02 PM   #14
Mooner
Founding Member

"(ever see those 'your speed' radar signs in construction zones? they are total crap!)."

Hmmm, it may be my total lack of maturity, but it's always been a secret fantasy of mine to get a picture of me riding past at about a buck fifty. Unfortunatly, last time I passed one I noticed it only displayed two digit speeds. You're right! Those things are total crap!

Mooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2003, 01:07 PM   #15
mscuddy
MODERATOR X

Have any other MO readers noticed something disturbing lately, concerning the scoring of our posts?

Usually, youÂ’ll see a random post scored at "2, insightful" or "3, humorous", but for the better part of a week now, all of our posts have been scored at "1", without benefit of any feedback, good or bad.

I mean, how can you give Ebonflame, with such eclectic posts as "plusungood", a one? Or the SausageKing? How can you deny him?

And the "Boss Hoss" guy? My God, youÂ’ve beaten him down so badly, he doesnÂ’t even post anymore. What about him? DonÂ’t his feelings count?

IÂ’m sure this post will warrant a score of "0 dipstick" from your pithy post editors. But so be it. It had to be said.

Old 11-05-2003, 06:23 PM   #16
seruzawa
The Toad

Anyone can moderate posts. Did you know that?

Having the moderation function open to everyone has outlived its usefulness. Now there are some here who just harass people they don't like by abusing the function. It should be removed and moderation done only by a site administrator.
Old 11-06-2003, 04:53 AM   #17
Buzglyd
Founding Member

It's also used by a certain someone who moderates his own posts upward.

I wonder who that might be............?
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2003, 05:12 AM   #18
seruzawa
The Toad

See? The coward hit you again too.