Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Paranoid News Clips

Old 09-29-2003, 05:16 AM   #11
electraglider_1997
Founding Member

Default Harleys and their riders rule.

Top that you wingers and crotch rocketeers. But remember you are being followers not leaders.
electraglider_1997 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 09-29-2003, 05:17 AM   #12
Hadji
Founding Member

Default Totally Cool!!

I have to weigh in and say this is totally cool. It's nice to see people thinking of male motorcyclists as overgrown Boy Scouts than as evil biker dudes. Love this positive press. Now just need to figure out a way to get it in front of Dan Rather's face. Any suggestions?

Grandma says "Singles and Twins Forever!!"
Hadji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2003, 06:03 AM   #13
SRMark
Founding Member

Default Re: Motorcycle riders that never make the CBS news

I recommend we post a list of biker events that we've participated in in the past year and then send that list to CBS. I'll start. On September 7th I rode in the Big Jim Charity Ride for the Make a Wish Foundation. The ride started in Cumberland, MD and traveled to the crash site of Flight 93 in Somerset, PA, where a memorial was erected to honor those who gave their lives on 9-11-01. The ride finished with a picnic at the Mineral County Fair Grounds in Fort Ashby , WV. Raised about $4,000. I counted about 170 bikes on the ride. Next!
SRMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2003, 06:12 AM   #14
nokneedragin
Founding Member

We need to get one of these little old ladies on the 2 seat ducati superbike, for a ride around a track. That would be pretty cool also
nokneedragin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2003, 06:43 AM   #15
captainwhoopass
Founding Member

Default Re: Harleys and their riders rule.

Only a jackass like you would make a negative, divisive comment like that on a positive motorcycling story. Go away.
Old 09-29-2003, 06:46 AM   #16
sportbike_pilot
Founding Member

I like to scare old people with my bike which I claim is good for their circulation. Does that count?

sportbike_pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2003, 07:23 AM   #17
lesmesa
Founding Member

Default Re: Harleys and their riders rule.

Sheesh, no kidding. Go away twice, "my brother".
lesmesa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2003, 08:03 AM   #18
SteadyRoller
Founding Member

Default Re: HEY, WHAT ABOUT ME

Dood, you can ride on my bike anytime even if I only have a 954. It is tougher to pull the front wheel unless I got someone riding *****... but then they only ride once. You have to promise not to swish around too much on the cloverleafs when Im draggin my knee though or I will get pissed and spike you on a mile marker.

SR
SteadyRoller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2003, 09:00 AM   #19
ValknMag
Founding Member

How does a 96-year old on a Harley compare to a 96-year old on a SV650, VFR, or Concours?
ValknMag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2003, 10:05 AM   #20
TatdNPrcd
Founding Member

Default Well said.

I was having problems at my parking deck here in OKC. The magnetic loops don't read bikes. Not enough steel even in the Harley to signal it.

I, as well as the other riders, ride around the gate. That gets the security guys in a twist so I contacted the AMA rep for my district and asked for help. He provided me with a great letter to send to the owners/managers of the deck in hopes of getting additional loops added.

We still ride around the gate as the money and city approval to add the additional loops can take years but the owner and the manager both ride. They actually thanked me for the letter as, in their words, it gives them ammunition to go to the city and ask for approval install the loops. In the meantime we were all sent the ownerÂ’s, the managerÂ’s and the assistant managerÂ’s business cards with instructions to show them to "anyone who hassles you" and have them call if they have any problems.

My wife and I are both full members and have been for years. I figure as long as I'm willing to spend $400 on Two Brothers cans for my ST or $150 for heated grips on the RoadKing I'll keep sending my $29x2/yr to the AMA. Can't even buy a good pair of riding gloves for that price!
TatdNPrcd is offline   Reply With Quote