Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Paranoid News Clips (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/paranoid-news-clips/)
-   -   CBS Sportbike News (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/paranoid-news-clips/2130-cbs-sportbike-news.html)

SparkyBlue 09-26-2003 09:00 AM

Re: Guns don't kill people, People kill people. Sportbikes don't kill people, people

Have you been sleeping? Many cars top speed is already limited. And come to think of it, seems a small matter to control wheelies and stoppies via onboard computer.

captainwhoopass 09-26-2003 09:48 AM

Re: Guns don't kill people, People kill people. Sportbikes don't kill people, people

I think he was talking about horsepower, not top speed.

captainwhoopass 09-26-2003 09:50 AM

Re: CBS Sportbike News

Well, yeah, it wouldn't be as good of a story if the dangerous trends were growing at a slow rate, or even decreasing at an alarming rate.

longride 09-26-2003 10:34 AM

That would make you a respectable outlaw.

bigjames 09-26-2003 10:44 AM

I hate to say this, but the motorcycle press and how they report on bikes are partly responsible for these idiots. Take a look at the cover of any of the mags or the stories. There is ALWAYS a wheelie and write ups touting how quick/fast etc the bike is in every sport bike article. Hell, I've seen Harleys pulling wheelies in the same mags. Have never figured out how that factors into doing a report on performance, except to help see how strong the swing arm pivot points are...

All the real press need is an excuse to sensationalize something, and a group of assholes who think there is nothing wrong with what they are doing to talk it up!

Wake up MOrons, we are part of the problem. Most of those who post love to slam anythng not sport bike because they are too slow or don't match what you think a bike should handle like, or can't wheelie for miles, etc.

What makes you all so special that you can't take some of the heat for the actions of those who ride what you ride? As a Harley rider (and not a damn yuppie. Own a Beemer too) I have had to put up with the anti-biker crap for over 20 years and for a little less than that the Rubbie ****ty attititude crap that passes for cool on TV.

Want to make a difference? Join the AMA or your states motorcycle rights organization and work within the system to better the publics perception of us. This helps counter our lovely free media when they have a slow news week and want to slam their favorite 'problem child' - motorcyclist.

Anyhow, the stunters are a bunch of assholes. Darwin Laws of Natural Selection will weed them out and from what I have seen, it should happen pretty quickly....

TatdNPrcd 09-26-2003 11:53 AM

While I must disagree with your slamming of sportbike riders (you're as bad as CBS!) and your blame of the M/C press I do agree that motorcycle riders as a whole have had to put up with the anti-biker crap for quite a long time. I also agree that it is critical for all riders to join the AMA and other rights groups.

These groups have the legislative muscle to effect change and to protect our right to ride but they need to stay funded.

There are more of 'them' than 'us' and we need to stand together to protect our rights.

KPaulCook 09-26-2003 12:04 PM

Yes definitely. I don't think performance should be limited. Top Speed fixed at 300kph

is OK. But horsepower, etc NO WAY.

KPaulCook 09-26-2003 01:22 PM

KPaulCook 09-26-2003 02:29 PM

"They call themselves journalists, but are TV New reporters a menace to themselves and others." Excellent

KPaulCook 09-26-2003 03:19 PM

You are right: case in point

The guy who didn't like me passing him and latter wrecked cause he was going to fast was riding a Harley and looked 50 something.