Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Paranoid News Clips (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/paranoid-news-clips/)
-   -   CBS Sportbike News (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/paranoid-news-clips/2130-cbs-sportbike-news.html)

SuburbanRancher 09-25-2003 06:56 PM

Re: CBS Sportbike News

This is a copy of my E-mail to CBS News:

Deadly World Of Sport Bikers

Let me see if I have this right; you interview a small group of haphazard riders, then broadcast a story that generalizes the activities of all sportbike enthusiasts that depicts them to be reckless lunatics? I have been riding for twelve years with no tickets or accidents, yet I am constantly looked down upon by the general public because I ride a "crotch rocket" based upon just this type of depiction. You make no effort whatsoever to speak with experienced MATURE riders about riding sport motorcycles, yet you generalize the activities of all sport motocycle riders with your sensationalist broadcast because of what a group of "adrenaline junkies" tells your camera?

Thanks for doing myself and the large majority of law abiding sport motorcycle riders the favor by promoting further public confidence in our pastime; it is unbiased, well thought-out reporting like this that continues to instill my confidence in modern media.

Actually, I'm suprised you didn't also sell this story to the National Enquirer or Star; they love sensationalist BS as well..

END

We all know the majority of moden media sensationalizes stories to sell advertising, but it still pisses me off when it affects our sport because little dweeb reporters are trying to score points with their employers without properly exploring the entire issue they're reporting on.

CBS - BITE ME. BTW, This story will not prevent you from continuing to be last in the ratings. In fact, I believe the Lifetime Network and QVC have surpassed your ratings; You should do a story on how angry women and home shopping are ruining America...

dnakase 09-25-2003 07:37 PM

Boycott CBS & their parent GE

I wanted to end my e-mail... "...and the horse your rode in on"

But did start my e-mail with a vow to boycott CBS and its sponsors.

I'll be writing the Big 3 Automakers (Totota, Honda and Nissan) next that I'll have to deffer buying their products untill heads roll!!

dnakase 09-25-2003 07:38 PM

Boycott CBS & their parent GE

I wanted to end my e-mail... "...and the horse your rode in on"

But did start my e-mail with a vow to boycott CBS and its sponsors.

I'll be writing the Big 3 Automakers (Toyota, Honda and Nissan) next that I'll have to deffer buying their products untill heads roll!!

Gabe 09-25-2003 08:47 PM

Gabe's Response and Mr. AllCaps Response

To Bob MacNamara: I am EXTREMELY upset about your portrayal of motorcyclists in the piece entitled "Deadly World Of Sport Bikers". It is the most inane, sensationalist, poorly written piece of yellow journalism crap I have ever had the misfortune to see. I'm amazed anybody in the journalistic field would have the sheer idiocy to compose, edit and air such garbage.

It was sensationalist, poorly (not at all) reasearched and devoid of any facts, presentation of opposing viewpoints or any useful information at all.

The bit about Kelly Howard was particularly insulting. Nowhere do you provide evidence she was breaking the law. Yet you imply she was stunting or street racing by leading with this sentence: "Still it's the flat-out street racing that's most life threatening of all."

That is slanderous and libelous and just insults everybody's intelligence. You are a hack who should not be let into any kind of journalistic facillity, even to buff the floors or clean the urinals.

Gabe

TO MR. MCNAMARA

I AM A BRAIN IN A TANK AT THE MAYO CLINIC, AND YOUR PIECE TOTALLY ROCKED! THAT WAS A VERY ACCURATE PORTRAYAL OF ME AND MY HOMIEZ! PULLING 170MPH WHEELIEZ IS DA HYPE! I HOPE MY GRNADMA WUZ WATCHING! THAT WUZ BETTER THAN THAT OLD SHOW ABOUT THE TALKING CAR!

busa99999 09-26-2003 01:13 AM

Another example of U.S. Tv copying the BBC the Brits have the most speed nazis per capita. The BBC show that was aired recently bashed sport bikes. Not unexpected from the land of a1000 speed cameras and people who are jailed for first time speeding violations.

longride 09-26-2003 02:17 AM

Nice Job!

lukam 09-26-2003 02:21 AM

Let me see if I have this right; you meet a small group of arrogant cruiser riders then broadcast a story on MO that gerneralizes the activities of all Harley enthusiasts that depicts them to be rich wannabees?

Sounds like the crotch rocket crowd is getting it feathers ruffled a bit.

Damn, I love to see the other side squirm.

Oh yea, thats right its all Harley's fault..

Buzglyd 09-26-2003 03:11 AM

It's George Bush's fault!

obandoj 09-26-2003 03:53 AM

Does anybody have an e-mail adress for CBS?

What about one for the reporter?

SparkyBlue 09-26-2003 04:35 AM

How ironic; Harleys are respectable and sport riders are outlaws. What if you own both ??