Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Paranoid News Clips

Old 09-14-2003, 08:43 AM   #21
12er
Founding Member

Default Re: FL CBR954 rider nabbed at 154 mph

Hence why when faced with putting cup holders in german cars the germans were perplexed. "What would a cup be doing in a moving car?" Unlike here where I had a woman blow past me at 90 while driving with her knee and eating a salad, fork in one hand and salad in the other.

Gotta love where you can miss 25% of the questions on the exam and see 20/60 and be presented with your new license. Drive safe now...
12er is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 09-14-2003, 08:47 AM   #22
cyclesteve
Registered Member

Default what is the fastest you have gone on the street?

Just wondering-What is the fastest you have done on the street and the type of bike?

cyclesteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2003, 08:54 AM   #23
nokneedragin
Founding Member

Off subject, but a valid point. Insurance cost are off the scale for some people (me). Safe driver, no points, no accidents, no tickets, lousy credit, high insurance.

Look if I don't pay the bill I am not insured, simple right? But most insurance companies look at your credit rating, WTF does that have to do with me being a risk to the company.

Back to subject at hand, sounds like light treatment from the cops not to charge him with DUI also. I most florida areas the cops will hit youi with DUI if you admit to "a few beers (burp)". But they can impound the bike, and if he is proven with reckless endangerment or other serious offense, the judge can confiscate the bike.

He should loose his liscense and bike, and have his wallet lightened.

Side thought; It would be funny to see him show up as a MOron, and resond to this post.
nokneedragin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2003, 09:02 AM   #24
brickl
Founding Member

Yeah, the rates for liter class bikes are all over the board. State Farm appears to simply go by the size of the engine.

You know, I think I'd be in favor of one concession to get insurance rates under control, and that's the elimination of the passenger seat on any high performance bike - r6, gix6, r1, gix1k, etc.

Now, if you have eliminated the possibility that you could be carrying a passenger, and you have health insurance for yourself, I have no idea how a company like progressive could get off charging you 3k a year for coverage. They'd have to assume that roughly 1 in 4, or 25%, of the sportbikes they insure would be totaled EVERY YEAR. And we know that 25% of all sportbikes are not wadded up every year. Nobody would participate in the activity if it were that crazy. I realize it's a bit more complex than this, but you get my drift.

Note that I had no such luck in getting my rates down on my monoposto Duc, though...

Frankly, I think this insurance thing is a scam anyway. Just another series of massive buildings filled with obese women sitting in front of computer terminals. Yummy.
brickl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2003, 09:07 AM   #25
brickl
Founding Member

" Back to subject at hand, sounds like light treatment from the cops not to charge him with DUI also. I most florida areas the cops will hit youi with DUI if you admit to "a few beers (burp)"."

I'd explain to the judge that, if I were able to manuever a 954 through traffic at over 150mph without crashing - with a dopey broad on the back, no less, how can you honestly sit there and say I was impaired?!!!!!
brickl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2003, 09:24 AM   #26
tomhorn
Registered Member

It's more like a form of gambling. You're betting that something bad is gonna happen and the wager you're placing is the insurance premium. If the odds are in the house's(insurance companys) favor, the premium is lower. If the odds are in your favor, the premium is higher. Perversely, in order to get your bet to pay off, you have to wreck the bike before you've paid more in insurance premiums than in bike payments.
tomhorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2003, 09:31 AM   #27
tomhorn
Registered Member

At least the dipsh*t that got got nabbed for 160mph on Lakeshore Drive in Chicago a while back was wearing full race leathers. Whatever happened to that idiot?
tomhorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2003, 09:36 AM   #28
ninjakris
Registered Member

Default Re: what is the fastest you have gone on the street?

Flat-out on a '91 FZR1000, about 165. On I-470 in Topeka at about 2 a.m. Absolutely no traffic.

But I have to agree with the decision to arrest that guy. We was a danger to public safety and deserves more than just a fine.
ninjakris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2003, 09:38 AM   #29
nitrofly
Founding Member

STERILIZE HIM - just like they do for people with drink and drug probs nowadays.
Old 09-14-2003, 10:08 AM   #30
detansinn
Founding Member

That idiot tried to sell his bike on eBay...

http://www.utahsba.com/html/news/160mphF4_2.html

...the Brits can't hold a candle to Rogan, but fines and jail time are pretty significant...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/w...ds/3068731.stm
detansinn is offline   Reply With Quote