Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Paranoid News Clips

Old 08-29-2003, 12:09 PM   #11
KPaulCook
Banned

Default AMA members?

You think those letters from AMA members to the State Attorney General and Governer helped?
KPaulCook is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 08-29-2003, 01:23 PM   #12
Steven_Verschoor
Registered Member

Default Re: Congressman Crash Update IV

I don't run a radar detector, but I don't think doing so is indicative of reckless or negligent driving.

Even in Janklow's case, it's not the 75 mph that's so appalling... It's 75 mph through a blind intersection while running a stop sign.

In fact, Janklow's act shows such a wanton disregard for human life, maybe the charges should be more severe...

Hey, I just checked the story again. I think it's been changed. When I read it the first time, it specifically said Janklow was charged with second degree manslaughter and not homicide. Now there is no mention of homicide as an option. Bastards!

Well, I don't know if homicide is the proper charge, is there a first degree manslaughter?

Man, what a blatant disregard for human life!
Steven_Verschoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2003, 04:43 PM   #13
Lowrez
Founding Member

They are definately updating the story as time progresses, but that's what you get with internet news. Since the last time I read the story, they've added a note that his tickets came during the only period he didn't hold public office. Clearly impling that he used his political clout to keep his record clean.
Lowrez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2003, 09:29 AM   #14
electraglider_1997
Registered Member

Default Milwaukee justice

I spent the last couple of days at Harley's 100th in Milliocki (Milwaukee). Watched the Doobie Brothers at Summerfest last night. They are still great and the huge crowd loved them.

Send Janklow to Milwaukee and have hime run the gaunlet down Highway 45. He'll not get far.
electraglider_1997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2003, 11:57 AM   #15
naco_traficante
Registered Member

Really. What a prick.
naco_traficante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2003, 12:08 PM   #16
ikonoklass
Founding Member

Murder--by definition--is a killing carried out on purpose. What happened here doesn't rise to the level of murder, and vehicular killings seldom do. While I hope he gets the maximum punishment allowed by law, let's not undo 200 years of jurisprudence.
Old 08-31-2003, 04:33 PM   #17
seruzawa
The Toad

Even NPR is running this story now. Of course they're only doing it because he is a Pubbie and NPR is merely a promotional arm of the democRATS. But what the hey! Any bad press about this guy is good!