Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Paranoid News Clips

Old 07-25-2003, 05:17 PM   #91
obandoj
Founding Member

Default Re: Deaths among riders 50 and over increased 26 percent.

How right you are brother, I see the same thing around here (Phoenix) You never see 50 sport bikes parked in front of the trendy bar!
obandoj is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 07-26-2003, 06:56 AM   #92
SuperBill
Founding Member

"If you knew that you were going to get hurt you wouldn't do whatever it was that hurt you."

Dude, if you keep riding motorcycles long enough, you're gonna' get hurt - helmet, leathers, air-bag jacket, whatever...

Now you know! Better stop now before it's too late.
SuperBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2003, 04:07 AM   #93
electraglider_1997
Registered Member

Default Re: Sjitiot

I don't drink except every great once in awhile at home.
electraglider_1997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2003, 05:06 AM   #94
runner00
Founding Member

Always expect that the driver will not see you because one day it will happen and you will be ready for it. Especially drivers making left hand turns.

If you drink practice frank's reverse drinking rule.

Never have more than three drinks...never.

1 drink + 1 hour = 1 non-alcohol drinks + 1 hour... total hours 2.

2 drinks + 2 hours = 2 non-alcohol drinks + 2 hours..total 4 hours.

3 ...do you really want to spend six hours at this bar when you could be riding. Why did you come here in the first place ? Isn't riding about riding and not drinking ? Fun is on the motorcycle not off. Are you a drinker or a motorcylist ?

4 drinks and you blew it dude it's taxi time... totals hours 4 ...taxi home or to a motel/hotel.

5 drinks and you are becoming annoying to everyone. Something bad is most likely going to happen. You have shifted the karma from the positive level of throwing your leg over a motorcycle to the negative of being a stumbling drunk. You need to get sober and find out what's really troubling you.

Franks drinking rule simplified.

Hey stop and have lunch or dinner. Have 1 drink

with your meal (if you like) and then take a walk, stretch your legs and check out whats happening outside the establishment. Get some non-alcholic liquids into your system before you ride again. It's all about the riding.

runner00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2003, 06:19 AM   #95
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Default I'm Back!!

OK KPaul, I'm back to stir the pot, and you can move out of the way now. In my opinion, the majority of deaths occur at any age when people violate any of the Longride Rules of Staying Alive.

1. Pay Attention

2. Don't Drink

3. Don't Speed Excessively

The above rules assume that one has decent riding skill. If that isn't present, then just pick your grave site now, or reserve plenty of hospital time for your next get off. The over 50 crowd probably violate 1 and 2 most often. Many don't have the recent road experience to even know what to pay attention to, so they bite it. If they also drink, then that makes them rolling statistics just waiting for a headline. Young guys violate all three at times, but mostly 3. Speeding excessively and in the wrong places will kill you faster than a bullet to the heart, regardless of skill. Helmets only come into play if you crash, and in my mind have no bearing on the rules. Follow the 3 rules above and chances are that crashes will rarely, if ever, happen. Many older riders I know never owned a bike before, and never wanted any training. All have since crashed at least once, to a man. Luckily, none got killed, but every case was a single vehicle crash due to rider error. Motorcycling is a serious business, so treat it that way.
Old 07-27-2003, 11:19 AM   #96
KPaulCook
Banned

Default Wake up and smell the chain wax longride!

Your catchup assignments for when you where gone. These links should be read:

Link 1

Link 2

Link 3

Thanks to McCueRC, bcvaughan, and sjriott for providing these great links. Wake eup and smell the chain wax long ride helmets save lives
KPaulCook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2003, 11:24 AM   #97
KPaulCook
Banned

Default Excellent Point

You are right $10,000 won't go very far these days.
Old 07-27-2003, 11:31 AM   #98
KPaulCook
Banned

Great advice! Especially about getting some non-alcholic liquids in your system., I don't even have a drink if I a m riding or driving. Fortunately my wife is real good about enforcing this rule, she doesn't like to drink anyway so she becomes my driver.
Old 07-27-2003, 02:26 PM   #99
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Default Re: Wake up and smell the chain wax longride!

You can post all the links and BS you want, but I lived it and still do. Until they include a brain in the helmet, it won't do as much as you believe. Maybe 20 years from now, if you live that long, you will figure it out.
Old 07-28-2003, 05:42 AM   #100
KPaulCook
Banned

Default Re: Wake up and smell the chain wax longride!

You are in denial. Please seek help from a trained psychologist.