Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Paranoid News Clips

Old 07-23-2003, 05:53 PM   #71
seruzawa
The Toad

Default Re: Can you read SeruSuzy? Economics for Dummies

Freud is still taught also. Even though he was a fraud.

Same goes for Kinsey report on human sexuality. Bogus crap. Still taught in college.

How about the courses that teach that black Africans used to have wings? They teach that in colleges too.

Shall I go on?

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 07-23-2003, 05:59 PM   #72
seruzawa
The Toad

Default Enough already.....

Thank you for putting this whole stupid argument in perspective.

Maybe we should just go back to talking about motorcycles.

I have a 91 GSX1100G, an 84 700 Magna and a 77 Yammerhammer IT175. How about you?
Old 07-23-2003, 06:26 PM   #73
kowalke67
Founding Member

Default Re: Excellent Post

If the JPFO provides information in quality and quantity over the NRA and argues for our second amendment rights in a more accurate interpretation of the second amendment it doesn't mean they are more effective at preventing gun control legislation. The JPFO does not have the clout the NRA has and therefore isn't as effective. It also has a credibility issue with people because of its in-your-face style. It doesn't mean I don't agree with some of what the JPFO argues but, if you want to be heard and your want to influence people you can't come off like a reincarnate of the Black Panthers or the Ku Klux Klan (no, I am not comparing the JPFO with either of those organizations, just stating how people react to the JPFO's approach). Without compromise there is only battle. Who was more effective at procuring civil rights for black Americans, Martin or Malcolm? The answer is obvious.

JPFO's executive director Aaron Zelman states:

"go directly to the public via bill-boards, newspaper adds, radio adds, TV adds, etc., and shift money away from lobbying law-makers, who mainly seek free lunches"

To move away from lobbying lawmakers would accelerate the end of our 2nd amendment rights. How well do you think those cigarette commercials are doing at preventing smoking? Not well. Teenage smoking is on the rise. However, a law is being considered now in parts of IL to eliminate all smoking from all public buildings, bars and restaurants included. I'm not making a point about smoking I'm making a point about how things get done- through the law makers, not t.v. commercials. You tell me what network will accept any amount of money the NRA could afford to show a pro-gun commercial. None. The networks have an agenda, which is to promote gun control because it's good for (their) business.

On another note, if you want to protect your second amendment rights I wouldn't start with alienating those who have a similar agenda. If what KPaul said is enough to make you *rotflmao* you need to get out more.
Old 07-23-2003, 07:12 PM   #74
BMW4VWW
Founding Member

Default Re: I am not lumping them in to the same cat you did Whacko.

kowalke67, the plain fact is that I have never paid for nor attended any state or private instiution of "higher learning." My words like my thoughts are my own, and being a former Democrat (when I was too stoned to know any better), a Republican (when I foolishly thought that party was actually a separate entity from the Democratic party), and a former member of both the AMA, and NRA (prior to dicovering that both groups were more interested in mantaining their positions as lobbying organizations than standing up for their members rights) I have learned most of what I know the hard way. I do not read the dictionary unless I run across a word that I don"t understand, nor do I use a thesaurus. I will however admit to using a spell checker, as I have suffered from dyslexia since childhood.

If only educated people such as yourself would start to address the fundamental issues that plauge our country, such as the total faliure of our elected officials to follow the law, and disabuse yourselves of the notion that by supporting organizations such as the NRA you are actually doing your part to preserve our freedom, then and only then will we stand a chance of turning things around before it really is to late.

Those are my deductions and no one else's. I did not encounter the theory of Austrian economics nor web sites espousing Libertarian ideals until after my tribulations with the "conventional" parties and organizations, and my personal epiphany when I realized that by participating in mainstream politics that I was part of the problem, and not part of the solution.

You appear to have the nascent perspicacity to grasp what I am saying, so please forget about wasting that $25 this month on the NRA, and start reading some of the editorials on lewrockwell.com . I do apologize for boring you, but hey the truth isn't always exciting. VWW
BMW4VWW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2003, 07:37 PM   #75
BMW4VWW
Founding Member

Default Re: Excellent Post

The plain truth is that dispite NRA lobbying and campaigning for "pro gun" candidates we have continued to lose ground when "the evil gun baners have control of congress and the executive branch, and never gain any ground back when we follow the NRA's voting lists and put the "right" people in office. Hey their hand picked man G.W.Bush was ready to extend the "assault weapons ban" Sadly the NRA's efforts can only be descrbed as a continuing failure.

You are correct when you state that those commercials aren't preventing smoking. Conversely commercials sure sold a lot of cigarettes when they were still allowed. Perhaps the no smoking commercials are a failure because the ad campaign is managed by the government. They really aren't to efficient at much, are they? VWW
Old 07-24-2003, 03:06 AM   #76
boru4761
Registered Member

Default Re: Enough already.....

This topic was just begging for some big-vocab small-mind flame wars but as soon as you boys are done putting away your Wow-that-really-is-a-big-stick!s maybe we can get back to motorcycles for a while?
boru4761 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2003, 03:34 AM   #77
James_Brown
Registered Member

Default Re: 100 Lawmakers Support End Biker Health Insurance Bias

I read more than one book a year and carefully choose which I spend my time on. I read reviews, ask for feedback from people whose opinions I respect and choose from there. If I read every silly diatribe some whiny toad suggested just to refute it, I would never have the time to read anything decent. This conversation could have perhaps been edifying if you had had the ability and/or willingness to actually argue some of DiLorenzo's points instead of just shouting that I should read his book.

One reason I participate in these sorts of discussions is to learn from other viewpoints. I find by challenging someone's views at the extreme you can often get their best argument. That hasn't happened here and in fact it rarely happens when you deal with zealots who are far left, far right or far out in space. This is one lesson, I admit, I am slow in learning. I also admit that, unfortunately, I too easily sink to my fellow conversant's level, hence the (as your faithful follower seruzwa (sp?) pointed out) occasional ad hominem remark. However, I must admit that those sort of remarks (and the responses they evoke)do amuse me greatly, even if they occasionally distract from the discussion. I am sure at some point this discussion will be rejoined, but for now........
James_Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2003, 07:52 AM   #78
BMW4VWW
Founding Member

How nice to hear that you read more than one book a year. When you are done mouthing the words to Hillary Clinton's It Takes a Village perhaps you will find the time to peruse something a little more weighty. BTW I have never met seruzawa. He and I have disagreed on various issues in the past. You really are quite paranoid. Just because more than one person finds you to be an idiot, it is not a necessarily a conspiracy. VWW
Old 07-24-2003, 08:36 AM   #79
James_Brown
Registered Member

By the law of inverse proportionality if you think I am an idiot I am a certifiable genius. As for Senator Clinton's writings, the only credit I give them is that they are marketed as the personal ramblings/crap that they are, while DiLorenzo puts a weak facade of academia on his work. If you really think I thought you and seruzawa had any real connection, you totally missed the point. A conspiracy? Those of your ilk have not the ability or numbers. Random, semi-organized acts of stupidity perhaps, but a true conspiracy is not a possibility.
James_Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2003, 09:01 AM   #80
BMW4VWW
Founding Member

How could you possibly know if DiLorenzo put "a weak facade of academia on his work" without reading it in the first place? I was wrong you truely are a genius. VWW