Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Paranoid News Clips

Old 07-23-2003, 05:01 AM   #41
James_Brown
Registered Member

Default Re: 100 Lawmakers Support End Biker Health Insurance Bias

Your true colors are revealed. The Confederacy is dead and most of us don't want it back. If there is a president who needs to be stripped of his cult of personality it is Jefferson not Lincoln. I say it again: your argument has been lost and your vision rejected. Any defense of the Confederacy is intolerable. It takes two to tango. Had the southern states not insisted on clinging to the historical abomination of American slavery, the war could have been averted, regardless of Lincoln's alleged machinations. Without a cause such as slavery, the Union would have had a much more difficult time raising the political will or army necessary to defeat the Confederacy. The fact that proponents of "state's rights" chose slavery as the issue on which to make their stand exposes their moral bankruptcy. Go home and count your Confederate dollars. They will buy you as much as your outmoded opinions.
James_Brown is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 07-23-2003, 06:35 AM   #42
James_Brown
Registered Member

Read more closely. My line said "for my state, in my state". Such a policy probably doesn't exist, but as a hypothetical it (along with your observation)shows where the line between the two forms of commerce can be blurred in today's advanced economy.

Be careful when dismissing too many of these arguments as "fourth grade constitutional interpretations". Belittling them in such a manner ignores the power they have with many people. People who may live next to you and who may do something about it. The reality of the threat these people may pose is far too serious to be so casually dismissed.
James_Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2003, 06:49 AM   #43
Viffer-dude
Founding Member

Interpretation and Amending are 2 different issues, Capn'.
Viffer-dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2003, 07:52 AM   #44
KPaulCook
Banned

Default Excellent Post

Excellent Post. You said it much better than I ever could. As a fellow NRA member I agree with you I don't agree with everything the NRA stands for but they are the best at protecting our freedom to own guns. Just like the AMA.
KPaulCook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2003, 08:24 AM   #45
kawazuki
Founding Member

Perhaps you're confusing sheep-like behavior with what's known as a majority -- the concept that this country was founded on.

Poppy*****. The country was founded as a constitutional republic, not a pure democracy. In a pure democracy, 6 people can take all of the property of 4, because 'that's what the people want'. In a constitutional republic, 999 people can't take what 1 owns, because it's simply illegal.

Using government intervention to change social conditions where there is equal legal footing may be common practice, but that doesn't make it any less wrong. If 'the people' really don't want bigoted businesses around, they'll stop shopping there. You telling Joe Racist that he has to serve white folks is not better than him telling you that you can't.

-Kawazuki
kawazuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2003, 08:34 AM   #46
kawazuki
Founding Member

Right. That's why that process is there. We aren't talking about intentional, reasoned, and obvious direct change to the Constitution. We're talking about underhanded, wrong-channel, 'interpretive' change to the Constitution.

In fact, I'll see your argument, and raise you 5. Why were those amendments passed? Why didn't the govenment simply 'pass a law', declaring the specified result incarnate with a wave of the magic wand? The answer, or so I believe, is because the government doesn't have the authority to create laws which violate the Constitution. That's why it's there, to provide a framework declaring very clearly what the government's powers are, and what they are not. Unfortunately, the government no longer believes that it is bound to follow that path, and makes regulatory change to the Constitution with legislation all the time. And the Citizens let them get away with it.

So yes, the Framers of the Constitution did believe that there was a need for the Constitution to change with time, and they set up a very clear and specific method for doing so. Why isn't it used?

-Kawazuki
Old 07-23-2003, 08:46 AM   #47
kawazuki
Founding Member

Default Re: Excellent Post

As a fellow NRA member I agree with you I don't agree with everything the NRA stands for but they are the best at protecting our freedom to own guns.

*rotflmao*

Oh dear sweet mother Eris... You are simply too much, KPaul. I swear I don't know where I would get such laughs if I didn't come to the MO forums. As an organization protecting the rights of some hunters to own some guns, the NRA is passing tolerable. As an organization aimed at protecting the rights of everyone to own firearms for the purpose of throwing off the yoke of tyranny, they are desperately overshadowed by organizations such as the JPFO.

-Kawazuki
Old 07-23-2003, 08:46 AM   #48
BMW4VWW
Founding Member

James, your utter ignorance of the issues that started the Civil War are inexcusable. If you actually care to educate yourself instead of spouting uninformed drivel, no doubt derived from your woefully inadequate education at which ever government subsidized idiot factory that you attended, I will again offer you the opportunity to peruse Tomas DiLorenzo's fully annotated work on the subject' prior to your making any more ill informed blatherings. Lincoln's much ballyhooed Emancipation Proclamation didn't even occur untill after the war was well underway. VWW
BMW4VWW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2003, 08:59 AM   #49
kawazuki
Founding Member

Dude. We should so just pass a law making everybody be nice to each other. That way, when anybody is mean or rude, we can just throw them in jail. And then we should pass a law making insurance coverage free. Cause that sh!t is expensive, yo. And then, when all the insurance companies go out of business, the government can just take over. And everybody will have free health insurance, and vehicle insurance. And the government can pay for it because they make all the money, right? They can just print more when I crash into the side of a schoolbus, and split my head open. And it pisses me off that stuff is so expensive. We should have the government just pass a law making everything free. I bet we could get a lot of people behind that. And hey, Majority Rule! And then we'll eat lots of cake, and go to the circus, all the time. Wouldn't that be great?

-Kawazuki
Old 07-23-2003, 09:03 AM   #50
BMW4VWW
Founding Member

kowalke67, your failure to grasp the salient, and obvious, point made in my diatribe ranks as a new paradigm in the annals of obtuse behavior. The fact that KPaul agrees with you should cause you to rethink your approval of governmental dictates. VWW
BMW4VWW is offline   Reply With Quote