Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Paranoid News Clips

Old 12-15-2000, 05:08 PM   #1
FrankS
Founding Member

Default Re: Jordan Szoke Signed to H-D Racing

That's a reminder that Canada has various ethnic names. After the Du Hamel family and Picotte, we were beginning to think that only people with French names would come south to ride motorcycles.
FrankS is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 12-15-2000, 06:08 PM   #2
a929rrrider
Founding Member

$$ is $$ but from a HONDA to a harley, good luck buddy you used to be in my top 5 riders and now a F#$%@ing harley, he is going to be hateing it bad
a929rrrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2000, 06:21 PM   #3
Tim
Founding Member

Hey maybe he is willing to take a chance. The first person to bring a h-d to the podium will become a national hero. i know what your going to say "whos this retard writing this crap", but i like rooting for the underdog. buy the way in the 70's h-d ruled the track, and everyone else was trying to keep up. i like to see that again someday.
Tim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2000, 07:07 AM   #4
NickdaBrick
Founding Member

Jordan Skoze may achieve some success, but it won't be this year. The Harley was out of date when it was introduced, and it hasn't gotten any more competitive. Skoze would have just as much luck on an air-cooled, hard-tail flathead as he will on the VR1000.

But seriously, Harley should ask themselves a question before proceeding in superbike competition. The question is, "Who are we kidding?" And the answer, sadly, is no one.
NickdaBrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2000, 11:06 AM   #5
starvingstudent
Founding Member

Default Ironic...

Does anyone else think it's kind of amusing that a company who gets most of its customer base through sometimes-blatant xenophobia is getting a non-American to race for them?
starvingstudent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2000, 03:47 AM   #6
TBones
Founding Member

Default I Just Don't Get the HD Roadracing Effort

I currently own a Harley and it's a great bike for what it is. I like to see American products do well. I think HD is a great manufacturer for their niche. I simply do not understand, however their roadracing efforts. In general, their customers are not at all interested in (some would say are even vehemently against)roadracers and roadracing. They have no intention of putting an HD racer on the market, and roadracing technology doesn't exactly go hand in hand with cruisers. (Although, clip-ons and inverted forks on a springer would be amusing...) HD folks do like their horsepower, but they like it to go in a straight line, and to involve as much chrome as possible. Why is HD doing this?

If they want to spend the bucks on roadracing, why not develop on the Buell platform? They could sell Buells that way, and might be able to come up with something competitive after a couple of years. They're not selling cruisers throwing money at the VR, that's for sure, and I can't see the VR1000 ever being a serious contender. I just can't figure HD out on this one. HD does what it does very well, but I think they're trying to teach a pig to fly with the VR.

-Tom
TBones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2000, 04:45 AM   #7
ClubRacer
Founding Member

Default Re: I Just Don't Get the HD Roadracing Effort

Very few people understand what they are doing. I have seen some improvements in HD product since they have started racing, and that is why many companies race.

The Buell would be a better place to start. Not with the bike but with the name. that would seperate the road racer from the cruiser.

Buells don't sell because the dealers suck! The mistake of putting Buell into Harley dealers has made a very neat bike into a non saleable pig. The buyer of a Buell is a diferent guy/girl from the HD buyer. They want service and some one to guide them through the store. Not some one who sits behind the parts counter and points in the general direction of what they are looking for. Not every one knows what they need or are looking for.
ClubRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2000, 09:01 AM   #8
starvingstudent
Founding Member

Default Re: re-sale

Neither is the Swedish fuel injection system on 2001 softails.
Old 12-18-2000, 09:06 AM   #9
starvingstudent
Founding Member

"Some people like to ride a bike that the parts are not massed produced in some southeast asian sweatshop!!!!"

Um...sorry, no. Visit a Honda, Kawasaki, Suzuki, or Yamaha manufacturing plant in Japan. You will NOT find a sweatshop; you will find one of the most state-of-the-art facilities on the planet for motor vehicle manufacture.

And if I was more concerned about depreciation than the quality of my motorcycle, I would put the money in Wall Street and ride a bicycle.
Old 12-18-2000, 01:13 PM   #10
ClubRacer
Founding Member

Default hahahahaha

Sure it wasn't a clone?
ClubRacer is offline   Reply With Quote