Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Paranoid News Clips

Old 12-18-2000, 04:53 PM   #11
kman
Founding Member

Default Re: Jordan Szoke Signed to H-D Racing

I wish Jordan the best of luck. He is a great rider and can definately hang with the top AMA Pro riders, (but not on a VR1000). Too bad he couldn't put together a privateer effort or get on another team.

I watched every AMA race this year and most of the Canadian Superbike races. The most amazing thing I saw out of all the races was at the opening round of the CDN series at RaceCity in Calgary. Steve Crevier passed Owen Weichel coming out of the Bus Stop. That move alone was definately top 3 for the year, but then Szoke attempted to pass both Steve and Owen as soon as Steve attempted the pass. They were three wide coming out of the Bus Stop on the last lap. Jordan was mostly on the grass since only one bike can comfortably fit through the exit. Jordan almost highsided as a result of that move, but saved it and finished second!

Jordan did some limited time on a Ferraci Ducati a few years back. He did well but was too young then, but now he has the experience.

kman
kman is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 12-18-2000, 04:55 PM   #12
kman
Founding Member

Jordan is still very young. He just wants the US exposure. I think he might have done better if he stayed with Honda Canada and got them to send him to a few AMA racers with his RC-51. Crevier did Daytona last year, why not send done Szoke.

kman
Old 12-18-2000, 05:08 PM   #13
kman
Founding Member

Default Re: I Just Don't Get the HD Roadracing Effort

HD is also using Buell for all the wrong reasons. I feel sorry for the Buell dealers, they aren't too sure who or what they are.

HD is using Buell to attract new riders, not sportbike riders. They saw that the crustier market is stale, yet the sportbike market is in strong double digit growth. They are trying to capture some of the sportbike markets growth with the Buell Blast. HD then hopes to convert these Buell riders into HD Cruiser buyers (so they can slam them over the head with their huge markups). This strategy doesn't rely on Buell making competitive sportbikes.

I don't think this strategy will work. Buell's are considered sportbikes. Someone buys one they will be displeased with the price to performance ratio compared to the Japanese bikes and will most likely migrate to a Japanese OEM for their next bike.

kman
Old 12-18-2000, 05:12 PM   #14
kman
Founding Member

They sure do. lol

Kurtis Roberts CBR929RR was built, in part, by a Canadian ;^) (Hi Rick)

Come to think of it, Emgo Valvoline Suzuki's tuner was a former Canadian Tuner of the year. (Hi Rob)

kman
Old 12-19-2000, 04:40 AM   #15
kman
Founding Member

Default Re: I Just Don't Get the HD Roadracing Effort

I agree with you on most points. I'm not knocking the X1, just HD's plans for Buell. The X1 is a step in the right direction. HD considers the X1 a transition bike after the Blast on the way to a HD cruiser. Thats not good model IMO.

The current Buell niche is also threatened by the Ducati M900 S4. 100hp Vtwin naked sportbike out of the box.

kman
Old 12-19-2000, 07:18 AM   #16
kman
Founding Member

Default Re: Jordan Szoke Signed to H-D Racing/Hypocricy?

HD might be better off to use a Rotax engine like Aprilia. Look how well they have done in only two years in the WSBK with an outsourced engine. Of course HD fans might be upset that the VR was powered by a non-HD engine, but at least with Picotte riding won they would get on the podium and probably win a few :^)

kman