Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Paranoid News Clips

Old 06-24-2003, 01:14 PM   #41
drthompson65
Founding Member

Default Re: Speed TV MC Changes

I just cut and pasted your email. I personally do not care if they change TWT but I do not want to see Bikes go away. No matter what happens I'll simply program my TiVo to record it.
2004 Ducati 999 Mono Yellow (Wrecked May 06)
2006 Ducati 999S Mono Black (Replaced Wife June 06)

1972-2000 A collection of mini, dirt, and road bikes to vast too list..
drthompson65 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 06-24-2003, 01:37 PM   #42
Tigercub
Founding Member

My biggest disappointment is with the coverage itself. Why can't we have more detail about the teams, the riders, the bike engineering, the history of the series. Greg White and Sadowski need to tell a good story about what's coming up in the race we're about to watch. They need to explain the plot. Make it a good show. Show some enthusiasm. That will pull more people in. The Brit commentators are much better with Moto GP.
Tigercub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2003, 02:18 PM   #43
piinob
Founding Member

I was just writing my letterfeedback to speed TV when Greg White said that while the coverege is changing, it is not being reduced, and he will still be on w/TWT. He said the rumors are wrong. Whats up?
piinob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2003, 02:56 PM   #44
pushrod
Founding Member

Although I believe everything I see and hear on TV, My cynical self would say that GDub, being (for now) an employee of NASCARIZUS TV, wouldn't say something like, "These a$$wipes have cancelled my f@&%ing show after my contract is up!"

I have become -
Comfortably Numb.
pushrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2003, 03:14 PM   #45
captainwhoopass
Founding Member

Yeah, they're still going to have TWT, but he'll be on at 2 AM.
Old 06-24-2003, 03:49 PM   #46
pushrod
Founding Member

Eastern Daylight Time.

I have become -
Comfortably Numb.
pushrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2003, 04:10 PM   #47
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Default Cool

Good job. I already wrote them, and this wasn't the first time. Hopefully, more people will get personally involved in waht matters to them. Apathy is what big business and government expect from us. You don't get what you want but you get what you deserve. Again good show!
Old 06-24-2003, 04:10 PM   #48
cota
Registered Member

Really it's not surprising they couldn't get ratings. Unlike NASCAR, bike racing schedules never lined up, in anything like a logical way with race days and so many of the races didn't show up at all. It was frustrating trying to watch the races you know were being held. The second issue that Speed seems to have trouble with is cable services that don't provide access to their programming. I've been having people over on Sunday and Tuesday to catch AMA, when they actually show the races. Last weekend I had a room full of buddies watching SBK, none of which are even offered SpeedTV by their cable providers.

Speed also seems to be stiffing other portions of the racing community so why not bikes also. NASCAR is abandoning some pretty historic tracks to chase some market so it's pretty obvious that customer loyalty is low on their list. Managing SpeedTV seems easy in the light of NASCAR's obvious market power. Maybe someone down at Speed should visit the outlet stores and get a look at the volume of NASCAR jackets, hats and toys that are being sold dirt cheap, the message being NASCAR isn't as big as they think they are. If the SpeedTV people would use their marketing degrees for a bit they'd note that diversity brings success. I'd like to see the Vet's and Vipers again, as well as reliable programming for AMA, MotoGP and SBK. Hell even the lawn mower races were damn entertaining.
cota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2003, 06:41 PM   #49
xvlfaf
Registered Member

If Two Wheel Tuesdays had the viewership that the NASCAR programs have then this conversation wouldn't be taking place. Tell everyone you know to switch on the TV all day tuesday to Speed and leave it there. If the ratings get resectable then they (Speed) won't switch to other programing. If bike races had the same attendance NASCAR has this would be a different world.
xvlfaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2003, 07:30 PM   #50
cycleguy26
Founding Member

next year, Barber's in Alabama, maybe. Still, go to an AMA superbike race or supercross race. You won't be let down. The speeds these guys ride at will blow you away, even the guys finishing last. Their talent is astronomical and seeing it in person will really give you some perspective you don't get on the boob-toob. That goes for the support classes as well. I went to VIR last year and the best show was probably the Formula Extreme race. The points were close, the bikes were big and fast. And it was a sight to see these big bikes come out of the corners on the rear wheel and ride that wheelie all the way to the next turn. The supersport race was a blast too. Little bikes on crack is the best way to describe that. And that last race where Bostrom beat Mladin by a ***** hair. See, you don't need to wait for MotoGP to come to our continent. But it would be a blast to see, too, I'm sure.