Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Paranoid News Clips

Old 06-24-2003, 11:16 AM   #31
KPaulCook
Banned

Default I am going to write my letter.

I am going to write a letter to Speed to voice my displeasure. However, if doesn't work does anyone know if you can get races on satellite? Thanks Bob I have become a race junky? Even the Ducati cup (WSB) I will miss.
KPaulCook is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 06-24-2003, 11:24 AM   #32
edfedup
Founding Member

Default Re: Longride and KPaul are great parents

Again, I'm not against writing letters. Although instead of letters, I've emailed and posted on their forum, and they've replied with exactly that comment I wrote previously.

And those "ratings" are used by SpeedTV when creating their programming. To them, it's accurate. No matter how much we whine and complain and over-fill their mailboxes, we can't change those numbers.
edfedup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2003, 11:59 AM   #33
nokneedragin
Founding Member

Default Re: Speed TV MC Changes

If I understand corectly FOX owns Foxsports, Speed TV, A couply of news channels, and one of FOXs bigest audience draws is NASCAR (on broadcast). Foxsports will not pick up a single motorcycle event (maybe a Harley charity ride).

This is one of the symptoms of corporate broadcast giants buying any channel/station that looks like its making a profit, serving pablum to the masses and not serving the vocal minorities. Cheeses me off big time, but I have E-mailed anyone I think would listen.

Hey! I'm a minority now
nokneedragin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2003, 12:04 PM   #34
nokneedragin
Founding Member

Default Re: I am going to write my letter.

Probably on the old style meter dishes, you could usually get any broadcast from just about anywhere in the world, just had to wait for the right time and channel. The little digital one are useless for that. He!! my uncle would get broadcast from europe, asia, africa, austraillia, thats pretty much the entire WSB and GP locations.

(sorry about spelling avoiding boos at work)
Old 06-24-2003, 12:04 PM   #35
captainwhoopass
Founding Member

I would attend a MotoGP race if we actually had one on this continent...
Old 06-24-2003, 12:04 PM   #36
nokneedragin
Founding Member

Default boss

Old 06-24-2003, 12:10 PM   #37
Grover
Founding Member

Well, here's the explanaition, sort of:

http://www.speedtv.com/speed/press.php?p=6884

Basically they are replacing whatever prime time content they had with NASCRAP re-caps/discussion shows or Garage Mechanic type content that's gotten decent ratings in different time slots, while reducing the amount of race replays. Here's an excerpt:

"Our new lineup is a reorganization of our existing programming with more emphasis on our highest rated programs," Liberatore said. "We also have created a lineup that facilitates more effective promotion of those programs. We have not dropped any racing series, as racing remains a critical component of SPEED Channel. To make room, we removed several race replays that simply weren't performing well enough to be part of SPEED's Prime Time lineup."
Grover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2003, 12:17 PM   #38
runner00
Founding Member

yea what we need is nascar on 24 hrs a day 7 days a week. round and round we go where we stop nobody knows.
runner00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2003, 12:30 PM   #39
pushrod
Founding Member

Longride, since I came up with the letter campaign idea, here is what I sent to SpeedTV.

By the way, not being a web geek, I assume cookies are behind the fact that when I pull up the SpeedTV page, it is almost entirely motorcycle content?

Here is my "letter"...

Just heard that your motorcycle programming is going to be substantially reduced. Please reconsider. Although I enjoy TWT, I would prefer the M/C coverage be spread out a little. If you could cover MotoGP, WSBK, and AMA (Superbike, etc.) events in a timely manner, I'd be happy. Maybe keep Greg White employed, and have a one hour show with the same format as the TWT breaks.

Thanks!

-----------------------------------------------------------

It took a little more than two minutes. Besides not having full use of my right arm (yet), I'm in mourning; they came and took my totalled Sprint ST away this morning. >Sniff<

I have become -
Comfortably Numb.
pushrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2003, 01:56 PM   #40
Z3Coupe
Founding Member

Gotta get rid of Two Wheel Tuesday to make room for NECKCAR Tuesday (not to be confused with NECKCAR Monday, NECKCAR Wednesday, NECKCAR Thursday, NECKCAR Friday, NECKCAR Saturday, or NECKCAR Sunday)!!!

Speedvision really went downhill fast. I thought I was pissed when they decided to not show the entire 24 Hours of Le Mans a couple years ago and show infomercials... Now this.

Matthew
Z3Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote