Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Paranoid News Clips

Old 06-18-2003, 11:14 AM   #41
The_People
Founding Member

Default Re: MC Chase ends in Riot

Kill `em all and let God sort `em out.

-The People

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 06-18-2003, 11:20 AM   #42
eagle12
Founding Member

This situation reflects society's lack of responsibility and common sense. It's evident in the actions of the rider, police, and crowd.

eagle12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2003, 11:29 AM   #43
tinchj
Founding Member

I just watched a car chase on TV last night (southern CA). It lasted 46 minutes and could've been ended in 1 minute with a properly placed shot. After 46 minutes of leading the police around, the guy deserved it, the guy on the motorcycle deserved what he got as well, too bad he had to smash into someone's property to get it....
tinchj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2003, 11:39 AM   #44
wmkeyser
Founding Member

It seems to me that being three blocks behind a perp is hardly "hot pursuit"!! I don't believe it's right to second guess this officer, we weren't there. As far as the riots go, in a hole like Benton Harbor, this could be looked upon as urban renewal. These people are pissed!! Unemplyment is staggering, social services are lacking, and the future for this area is grim. I can see where it wouldn't take much to set off a riot. I'm just sorry that a motorcyclist had to be the cause for all this mayham.
wmkeyser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2003, 11:49 AM   #45
hawkrider
Founding Member

For God Sakes take a breath! The fact that you mention Civil Rights, the founding fathers etc, in the the same breath as common criminal behavior is a little over the top!

DO NOT LOSE YOUR PERPECTIVE JACKOFF!

AS FAR AS KNOW USE OF THE CAP KEY IS LEGAL.
hawkrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2003, 11:55 AM   #46
hawkrider
Founding Member

I would feel the same as anyone in that situation. Then I would probably do the only thing available to me. Sue the responsible party. The Criminal.

However, if the reason that person was running was due to the fact that they had just done a hit and run on a loved one, mine or yours, run the SOB over and save us all the trouble and pain of a trial.
hawkrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2003, 12:26 PM   #47
BMW4VWW
Founding Member

Default Re: Go-carting before the horse

Anyone suspected of a serious crime should be followed discretely by a helicopter and apprehended when their car is stopped and the potential for killing innocent bystanders is minimal. Here's a hypothetical for you. How would you feel if my spouse was murdered and while pursuing the perpetrator the police caused and accident that took the lives of your wife and children? VWW
BMW4VWW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2003, 01:33 PM   #48
rsheidler
Founding Member

So, the right to drink tea is more important than the right to smoke weed?

Yes, I realize that the comparisons to the founding fathers and civil rights was a bit over the top, to make the point.

However, the comparison to prohibition is exactly on point, unless you maintain that the right to drink booze is fundamentally different than your right to smoke pot.

Pot laws are regularly broken by all people at all levels of society (I personally know policemen, attorneys, doctors, business executives and clergymen who toke) but the laws are selectively enforced, usually against minorities or others at the fringes of society. The ADA who prosocutes some young hispanic male for possession with intent to sell is likely as not to either smoke himself or at least have friends who do.

Oh, what do my masturbatory practices have to do with anything?

And, of course typing in all caps is completely legal, albeit widely considered to be a serious breach of net etiquette that others find offensive.

Respectfully yours

Bob
rsheidler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2003, 01:35 PM   #49
TheBob
Founding Member

Wow, can you ever miss a point or what?

First off, don't take offence to someone asking you to stop with the cap locks. Yes, it isn't illegal, but it's really rude (21st century, net-ettiquite). Unless of course you really are another dissembodied brain floating in a tank at the mayo clinic. Wouldn't that be a weird coincidence...

Now about mentioning criminal activity w.r.t. civil rights--do you not see any parallels? I hear it's illegal to give head in some states--if you live there, or have ever vacationed in such a place, do you make your wife/g.f. restrain from fellatio due to it's illegality? PLEASE! If the cops tried to arrest my girlfriend for going down on me, you can be damn sure I'd be doing more than writting letters. Those civil rights activists were standing up against laws that were wrong. Jailing someone for enjoying something no more harmful than alcohol is wrong. Wasting billions of dollars arresting, prosecuting, and housing millions in jail for weed is wrong. Can we be more clear?

Maybe you should be searching for your perspective.

~Another Bob

ps what's with the jackoff comment? Couldn't think of an intelligent response, so you devolved to swearing? Cute.

TheBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2003, 01:38 PM   #50
rsheidler
Founding Member

Sue the criminal? That will bring back your loved ones? Not to mention, how much do you think you would collect from the guy while he is in jail? Makin' license plates pays pretty well, I guess?
rsheidler is offline   Reply With Quote