Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Paranoid News Clips

Old 06-20-2003, 03:32 AM   #101
dominatr37
Founding Member

Default Re: MC Chase ends in Riot

If it's so bad then they should get out. It's that simple. You don't riot because you're angry, or because where you live is crummy. It's just another excuse to burn down the neighborhood, and then blame others for thier actions.
dominatr37 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 06-20-2003, 03:34 AM   #102
dominatr37
Founding Member

Thgrowing a bunch of tea overboard is wholey different to burning down entire city blocks, and hospitalizing people. the two cannot be compared.
Old 06-20-2003, 03:40 AM   #103
dominatr37
Founding Member

Default Re: let me get this straight ...

Why is the criminal in question justified for running from the cops? Obviously he was in the wrong. When a cop puts his lights on, you pull over, it's that simple. If you run, it's your own fault for what happens to you. No, it's not right this guy died, that's a shame. But it's not the cops fault who were doing their job. It was this guys own fault. People have to start taking responsibility for thier own actions. If this guy didn;t run, he wouldn't have died, and there would not have been riots. It's that simple.
Old 06-20-2003, 06:11 AM   #104
ValkBandit
Registered Member

Default Re: wrong again, dogbreath ...

perhaps dogbreath was a bit harsh but at least i didn't call you dogphart. i reserve that for people who are extravagently wrong.

like it or not nature put a system in place long ago, and a guy named darwin dubbed it "natural selection" and "survival of the fittest." it simply states nature favors those individuals most likely to succeed and tends to weed out those less .... ehhhh .... well equipped to survive and thrive.

try to hitch a ride on the back of a great white shark and even if you survive there is a good chance Something Bad will happen to you. so nature (and the shark) weed you out so that you don't pass on the stooopid gene to anyone else.

flip off mike tyson? ditto. nature and iron mike may well weed you out.

run from the cops because of a little weed and an expired license? there may well be a telephone pole (or a house) with your name on it.

is it fair? sheesh ... who knows. is natural selecton fair? you could argue that it is not. i think it is neither fair nor unfair. it just IS.

regarding any pity for the squid or the underlying cause of his stooopid gene: i'm sorry, but i can't muster any sympathy. i tried (a little) but i can't. i reserve the bad feelings for the innocent bystanders squids kill.

again, RIP squid. i hope you haven't bred yet.
ValkBandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2003, 07:22 AM   #105
jamesohoh7
Founding Member

Default Re: Rioting vs Civil Disobediance

Are you serious?!... good freakin' gravy. You -seriously- want to equate the BTP with this riot?... And I suppose, to you, the reason for the BTP 'riot' is morally equivalent to -this- riot? Lets see "a bunch of colonists protesting taxation w/out representation ( a concept this country was founded against ) vs. ... uhh... just a bunch of people ticked off at the cops for chasing down a criminal"

Was the point I was making about the -worthiness- of a riot completely lost on you? Apparently so.

Was the point I made about the means the colonists had to employ in their cause vs. the means available in this day and age lost on you? Apparently so. Unlike today, things like pickets and protests were not tolerated by the Brits. Whereas today, anyone that cares to can fill out a form and stage a protest and not only is it tolerated by the authorities, you get provided -protection- by them!

Further, I would bet that there were far fewer innocent bystanders beaten and battered at the BTP, not that I've ever seen the stats or even heard mention of injuries. Perhaps that's the white-washing of time. The colonists at the very least attacked the correct targets, and not their neighbors and community.

By your logic, we should expect that if this riot were to produce a revolution and a nation, then the new nation would be one founded on the principle that evading the law and showing a general disrepect for it in general is a -good- thing. Not to mention the ability to just beat down your neighbors and set their houses on fire. Laughable... please feel free to go found such a nation somewhere... I wait eagerly to see how it turns out.

-James

jamesohoh7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2003, 10:42 AM   #106
SRMark
Founding Member

Not my term. But, from a fire fighter's perspective, just the smoke inhalation would be dangerous. Now, put it in a brownie...
SRMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2003, 04:36 PM   #107
io
Founding Member

Default Re: Rioting vs Civil Disobediance

Did everyone miss this detail?

The rioters were angry at the Local police, not just because of this one incident, but because this is the THIRD incident in just the LAST YEAR.

The way it was written (go back and read it slowly) implies this is not the first time public outrage has been expressed over police brutality, and that nothing has come of it. Therefore after many more civil attempts at getting the message heard, they resorted to mob violence.

Which, since we're discussing it in this fourm and I don't even live close to there, seems to have worked.

Don't get too worked up over one incident, comparing it to past events, until you know more of the details and motivations that lead up to the event!

io is offline   Reply With Quote