Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Paranoid News Clips

Old 04-10-2003, 04:32 AM   #21
maladg
Registered Member

Default Re: Finally, a good MO journalist!

Sounds like "pated" really, really needs to go NOW and refill that prescription! Fast! A session of "tweaking the nasty handgrip" might also be in order.

maladg is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 04-10-2003, 05:05 AM   #22
jaypuck
Founding Member

I think I'm disagreeing with pated. ya see, these journalists are like me. they complain about losing sleep, just like I do...they ***** and moan about fsking stuck head bolts. I do that too. they drink beer and admit to doing hooligan antics on city streets while riding bikes that they don't even own. that's the stuff that brings me here.

the journalists in the print magazines would make my mother happy...they don't do anything wrong, they ride safely and observe all traffic signs. now, I do that too...most of the time but occasionally I like to "give the nasty handle a good tweaking" just for the rush. sometimes I like to double the speed limit through a curve. it seems to me that I could sit down with these guys and really talk smack. they are real, print journalists seem too sanitized.
jaypuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2003, 05:15 AM   #23
Troy_Smith
Founding Member

I have to agree with pated to some extent... if memory serves the DL1000 V-Strom report was almost entirely about the author/local/experience and said very little about the bike, i was very dissapointed in that article.

In general though hearing a bit about the non essential parts of the story can add a bit of color. Humour if course is always a plus, although that too i'm sure could be taken too far.
Troy_Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2003, 05:48 AM   #24
HLJjr
Founding Member

Life without the ability to add in a few smart-arsed comments just isn't worth living. Seroiusly folks, without a bit of "color" to a test or evaluation it all becomes far too dry. As long as you provide the more detailed aspects of the test/evaluation, go ahead and ramble. You never know when you'll pick a new one-liner to slam someone else with. By the way, working at Motorcyclist sounds like a pissy affair.

HLjjr
HLJjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2003, 06:12 AM   #25
layback
Founding Member

yeah, like you said...
layback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2003, 06:16 AM   #26
layback
Founding Member

yeah, I liked that column too.
layback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2003, 07:35 AM   #27
Shadowspawn
Founding Member

Default Bitter little man replacement.

Well, I never had the opportunity to read "Bitter Little Man", but based off the title, here is another set of articles I have found on the web -

Geezer with a Grudge

The guy writes this every month for Minnesota (sp?) Motorcycle Magazine, and also posts it on the web. Honestly, I think MO should look into seeing if he will write for them, but that is just my opinion. Take a look and form you own.

Please note that the person writting these articles has stated that his main purpose in writting them is to ***** off at least 1 segment of the motorcycling populace in every article. Personally, I agree with most everything he says, but your milage may (will?) vary.

-Spawn
Shadowspawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2003, 08:17 AM   #28
danch
Founding Member

I was with you right up to "blah blah blah"
danch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2003, 09:15 AM   #29
Chango
Founding Member

I think you mean "tweaking the nasty handle"

Remember, it's always easier to do things the hard way. Chango
Old 04-10-2003, 09:37 AM   #30
The_Aerodynamic_Head
Founding Member

Default Perspective

Hey, kids, let's put this in perspective, shall we?

"Personality" in our moto-journos is something we like or dislike based on the personality in question. It's about good, old-fashioned judgement calls.

A few of us are here because JohnnyB's 'style' and 'personality' either a) work for us, or b) don't ***** us off too badly.

Some of us are here because Mitch Baeiouhm would be better off with no personality at all, writing the way this guy suggests.

Like with dogs, see? You sometimes wish the chihuahua had no personality, because the one it does have sucks. But if your Rottweiler had no personality, you'd be pissed, because that's what you bought it for.

Maybe this yob is just reading the wrong mag?