Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Paranoid News Clips

Old 04-10-2003, 01:17 AM   #11
peter_moeykens
Founding Member

Default Re: Finally, a good MO journalist!

This morning while trying to clean up the mess my four pets made over night I was forced to listen to the wild ramblings of a little payed blah blah blah.

Did you see how I lost you on the first sentence?
peter_moeykens is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 04-10-2003, 01:17 AM   #12
saddlebag
Registered Member

True.
saddlebag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2003, 01:19 AM   #13
saddlebag
Registered Member

Bitter Little Man was my hero.
saddlebag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2003, 01:39 AM   #14
bbreu
Founding Member

I pick out only the things that I'm interested in knowing from each article. If the writer indicates that he chases small farm animals for his or her own pleasure, I still only remember the positive and negative items that have been pointed out in the article. Unless the farm animal wins and they can't finish the article, then I'm pissed. If it bothers a person to read articles that a certain writer prints, don't read his articles, don't subscribe. You may want to try www.oldmcdonald.com for more interesting writing.

breu
bbreu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2003, 01:40 AM   #15
johnnyb
Founding Member

damn you people are far too kind... I lost quite a bit of bitterness when I left motorcyclist, but I'll see if i can find some...
johnnyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2003, 01:58 AM   #16
Badwinger
Founding Member

I would agree with pated's comments, but would also like to take it a bit further.

Recently, the two major US motorcycle publications (CW and M) have seemingly de-contented their motorcycle reporting. Information on the motorcycles themselves is thin, and as others have mentioned, not much more than could be gleaned from a manufacturer's spec sheet. Any efforts "in depth" are reserved for forays into history, or detailed analysis of something equally less appropriate to OUR needs, like Dan Gurney's Gator, the Dodge Tomahawk, et al.

My subscriptions to CW and M are not being renewed. The lesson being that my money will be spent for hard news, in depth coverage of new motorcycles on the market. A warning, MO, as your content has lagged lately, with Yossef's contributions being the only thing interesting. Frankly, I do not need to see an article from EVERY DAMN PUBLICATION out there regarding a comparo of 600 class bikes. Who cares THAT much--other than a number of squids looking for their first sportbike?????

Badwinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2003, 03:01 AM   #17
tumbler
Founding Member

This complaint reminds of how my old roommate would go to Taco Bell and tell them to not put tomato on his food, which of course they always did. Every time he would get irate about it and talk to the manager or call up the central office. I just ordered my stuff and took the 5 extra seconds to brush off anything that I didn't like and managed to enjoy my $4 meal that was made by someone making barely $6 an hour.

Oops sorry about the personal ramblings the point is read another magazine if it bothers you that much. Sport rider is very informative and as bland as grits. Of course I seriously doubt that Kent or Andrew would take the time to write you back, even if it was just some smart-ass comments that most MO subscribers have come to know and expect from johnnyb.
tumbler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2003, 03:23 AM   #18
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

I bet this guy eats Tofu with a water chaser for every meal with vanilla ice cream for dessert.
Old 04-10-2003, 03:43 AM   #19
Holy_Kaw
Registered Member

Yep. MO, make mine spicy, I'll take my chances with indigestion.
Holy_Kaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2003, 03:47 AM   #20
DialedIN
Founding Member

Default Robot

I walked robot like through the first 7 years of my school years, grade school/ Junior High, with boring teachers that did nothing to entice interest in the boring subjects they were trying to teach. Then in 8th grade I had a social studys ( boring) teacher that was very spontaneous and comical in a slap stick way while he was delivering the drivel that the system wanted us to learn. So learning doesn't have to be boring.

Thank you Mr. Scoogins, and thanks MO for this great interactive, entertaining, beer swizzling, scooter smackin down, motorcycle life style reading....Oh Yeah and the new bike reviews and comparison tests are ok too.
DialedIN is offline   Reply With Quote