Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Paranoid News Clips

Old 04-10-2003, 05:30 AM   #11
davyt
Founding Member

Default Re: Hybrid Bike

Yup, about a year ago, here's the link...

http://news.motorcycle.com/article.motml?sid=1445

davyt is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 04-10-2003, 06:22 AM   #12
jmeyn
Founding Member

Default The prototype body has been replaced

Looky here. eCycle is concentrating on a very advanced marine outboard/inboard power source right now for reasons of revenue, but the bike project still lives. The new plastic has been produced by SharkSkinz but not yet installed
jmeyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2003, 06:54 AM   #13
gooseman_1
Founding Member

Honda says thier 250 nighthawk gets "over 100 MPG if you're carefull" To bad it sucks (I looked at buying one as my first bike). Drum brakes, what are those? I think MO's review of this bike was right on.

The point is, there are plenty of bikes out there cabable of getting extremely high gas mileage. These are the lower cc bikes that are looked down apon in the US, so we don't many of them here. Also, most US riders flog their bikes and get much poorer mileage than they would otherwise. Because they're not popular, companies don't invest money in them, so they're even less desirable. It's a viscious circle.

The demand is for bikes that have REALLY high top speed (190MPH) and can accelerate REALLY fast too (9 sec 1/4 mile). This requires a large cc bike, and mileage suffers accordingly. I can certainly understand this; for many it's what riding is all about.

For me, one of the biggest reasons I started riding was to save money on my 55 mile commute (that's how I justify it to the wife anyway), and of course to have more fun while doing it. My truck just doesn't get great mileage (high 20s), and besides, I'd rather be riding! (too bad I live in New Hampshire and it snowed 5 inches on Tues, 10 deg to boot)
gooseman_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2003, 09:45 AM   #14
F451
Founding Member

Keep laughing you arse off, before Americans come over there and kick it off instead.
F451 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2003, 10:43 AM   #15
sarnali
Founding Member

Americans like you?
sarnali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2003, 11:39 AM   #16
F451
Founding Member

That's right chump...me and millions more just like me. We're sizing up our boots for your arse right now. We'll see who laughs last pal.
Old 04-10-2003, 11:52 AM   #17
SuperBill
Founding Member

My Honda Accord gets 30 MPG. My Honda SuperHawk gets 30 MPG. Coincidence? I donÂ’t think so!
SuperBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2003, 03:54 PM   #18
sarnali
Founding Member

well, I'm the one laughing right now sport, I guess I'll have to wait till you get done fighting in Iraq before you and your million close personnel friends kick my ass, the bit about the hybrid was a joke, I didn't think I'd need to explain it to anyone, I'm sorry I overestimated your intelligence, it won't happen again.
Old 04-10-2003, 07:45 PM   #19
F451
Founding Member

No waiting necessary...we'll be happy to oblige your needs right now. The U.S. is tired of jokers like you and your kind.
Old 04-11-2003, 02:17 AM   #20
sarnali
Founding Member

What kind is that? do you mean vets like me? or tax payers like me? or is it voters like me? My kind is what made and keeps this country what it is today.