Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Paranoid News Clips

Old 12-06-2000, 10:36 AM   #1
BritRider
Founding Member

Default Re: New TN State Law: Requires Safety Equiptment

It seems as though the non-riding legislature of Tenn has it's head buried deep in it's ass. How bout all the crap rolling around on 4 wheels that should be scrapped for waste? Are they gonna put anti-lock brakes on all vehicles so they won't slip and slide on the winter ice? If someone is aware of other roadway traffic, they will see the approaching headlight, if they are not paying attention (most cases), then a modulating headlight is nothing but an extra expense. Guess I won't be spending any time in Tennessee ridin. Stupid ass's. BTW, Florida, jacket, helmet, gloves, etc.
BritRider is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 12-06-2000, 10:42 AM   #2
BritRider
Founding Member

OK then, seeing's as how we are bozo's, how about you checking out how much it will cost you to rig up a light and antilock brakes on your bike (assuming you a. have a bike and b. you don't have these features), could be you next antibozo.
Old 12-06-2000, 10:44 AM   #3
Thig
Founding Member

That's what happens when only 40 percent of the people in this country vote and only 50.00001 percent of that 40 percent elect the people in office. I'm not sure democracy has succeeded when soo few can tell soo many how to live.
Thig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2000, 11:32 AM   #4
pk509
Founding Member

This really sucks for all you folks in TN. I can't believe your government is going to require ABS on all motorcycles. You're about to have a very limited selection of motorcycles available to you that don't require massive aftermarket upgrades. How did you folks let this get through?!

As a Life member of the AMA, I vowed never to travel in TN as long as the whole Koella fiasco was still going on and have donated money towards the AMA Billboard fund to memorialize Terry (the man Koella killed). Now, I'm sure as hell not going to spend my vacation dollars there.

This is just another reason for all of you non-believers out there to join the AMA, the MRF or any of the other pro-motorcycling organizations out there. Don't think it can't happen to you or in your state. Look where the folks in TN are now...
pk509 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2000, 11:33 AM   #5
MartialStax
Founding Member

Default Clever Hoax?

MO, I think you've been duped. I can't find a Tennessee Chronicle newspaper in any listing I try. The web address is suspect, too. Why would a medical site (with no links) host a newspaper's webpage? Where's the link to the paper's home page? How about an address or phone number to the Tennessee Chronicle? This looks like very well-crafted bullsh*t from someone with an axe to grind, either from the webmaster of telemed.md or a clever hacker.
MartialStax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2000, 11:39 AM   #6
MoDog
Founding Member

Quick, everyone grab a roadmap, a favorite bike, and an attitude and let's go riding in the land of "Big Brother" and the heavy hand of spiteful misguided (and perhaps slightly inbred) lawmakers. Mass civil disobedience and the strong arm of information can bring down this wall. I call for a massive rally to Tennessee to "flip off" and undo an unjust law. Let "Johnny Law" put us all in jail.

If we allow laws like this to stand, it's only a matter of time before we completely loose the right to ride.
MoDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2000, 12:26 PM   #7
BRKNtibia
Founding Member

If it isnt a hoax it may be an attempt to shut down Deals Gap. Sort of like the BS `drag-racing' they made up just for use there.
BRKNtibia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2000, 02:01 PM   #8
msnodderly
Founding Member

Default Terry Barnard

The part about the cyclist getting killed by a senator is true. See

http://www.roadriders.com/columns/da...ry_barnard.htm
msnodderly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2000, 04:56 PM   #9
BritRider
Founding Member

It appears that yes, I am a bozo, having been taken in by this amusement. I guess that there is so much controversy surrounding motorcycles and safety nowadays to where something like this doesn't seem unrealistic. This forum erupts with emotion when the mere prospect of another sanction against us seems likely. What the hell are we supposed to believe that we read here now? Nothing! Get your s#!? together MO!!!
Old 12-06-2000, 04:59 PM   #10
BritRider
Founding Member

Dis-regard this rant due to my gullibility.