Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Paranoid News Clips

Old 03-26-2003, 04:39 AM   #1
rsheidler
Founding Member

Default Re: New Proton KR V5 Breaks Cover

This is the first that Kenny or anyone else involved with the team has admitted what everyone else has assumed all along -- that the new bike was not going to be ready for the season opener. In fact, I don't expect it will be ready for South Africa either.

I wish them all the best -- have to admire (although also to question the judgement) of someone willing to take on the Honda juggernought. If Ducati's and Aprilia's efforts are described as "David vs Goliath," I don't know what in hell to call this -- maybe Don Quixote vs the windmills?

It is great to see privateer efforts such as this and the WCM (prototype R-1 based) project, even if they are fighting for places in the second half of the grid.

Bob
rsheidler is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 03-26-2003, 04:39 AM   #2
nokneedragin
Founding Member

All I can say is bless him for trying. The money and resources required for this are huge. To compete against the Jap manufacturers and Duc ain't easy. I hope he gets a competetive bike going, and gives them a run for the money.
nokneedragin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2003, 04:56 AM   #3
nokneedragin
Founding Member

check out www.teamkr.com for images
nokneedragin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2003, 05:59 AM   #4
KPaulCook
Banned

Default Will MotoGP follow Formula 1 ??

Motorcycle daily has a article discussing this. The Proton is a pretty bike too.
KPaulCook is offline   Reply With Quote