Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Paranoid News Clips

Old 01-13-2003, 03:41 PM   #51
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Default Re: I'm a boomer?

Just remember, you can prick your finger, but don't finger your prick............
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 01-13-2003, 04:53 PM   #52
v4bryan
Registered Member

Default Thank the Bush administration

Do you honestly think that there are "wacko environmentalists" serving ANYPLACE in the current administration? Do you think that the EPA under C.T. Whitman (and indirectly Gail Norton) doesn't do exactly what it's told to by the White House? Do you think it's possible that the same administration that O.K.ed not raising mileage requirements for SUV's, that O.K.ed returning the arsenic MCL to 50 ppm, and that made most of it's money in the oil, coal, and gas industry wouldn't "pretend" to care about the environment by taking a slap at the smallest motoring population on the roads today?

It's brilliant, really; this way they don't ***** off all the Detroit money that was spent on them, they don't cross any of their golfing buddies in the oil patch, and they can say they're taking a "tough line" on emissions in time for the next election. I yearn for the days of the Clinton administration; at least he was too busy trying to screw his interns to make the situation worse (like Bush).

v4bryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2003, 07:30 PM   #53
KPaulCook
Banned

Default America land of the selfish??? Talk to a Canadian?

"If the gov't wants to clean the air, they should simply offer tax breaks and reduced tarrifs to all vehicles displacing 1600cc or less. "

You hit the nail on the head. Unfortunately, the Bush administration (I voted for Bush ick)would call that social engineering. At least that is what the HOV (car pool) lane opponents say in Washington state. The positives of your approach far out weigh the negative.
[*] Cleaner air
[*] Less foreign oil consumption
[*] Less envy from the world

After living in Israel for short time, I wish we would do everthing in our power to reduce our dependance of middle eastern oil. Lots of folks say we get most of our oil from South America, Canada, etc . But the fact remains the Middle East is where most of world's oil resources are. Too me the political costs are too high i.e. supporting regimes, monarchies, that we would never support if they didn't have oil.

Also can somone tell me why gas is so much more in Canada? Which has more oil reserves than we do. Go to Vancouver B.C. and you will not see the epidemic of SUVs. I work with two Canadians who are amused with the U.S. consumer and how we are so willing to go to war about oil. If Iraq was in South America would we be going to war ?? I don't think so. Weapons of mass destruction good grief Pakistan has the bomb. You know that country where Osama may be hiding out.

KPaulCook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2003, 09:41 PM   #54
TheFox
Founding Member

Default Re: Warning

That's me who's leaving in 30 days, you clueless jackhole. Go ***** up a rope.

--The Fox

The best bike to take a trip on is the one you have.
TheFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2003, 09:44 PM   #55
TheFox
Founding Member

Default Is KPaul a boomer? No, just clueless.

Maybe if we keep this up he's go into cardiac arrest...have an aneurism...hell, even a sugar coma would make me happy.

--The Fox

Old 01-13-2003, 09:47 PM   #56
TheFox
Founding Member

Default Politicans are mostly the same no mater what they say.

Bush/Cheney: Halliburton and other big oil.

Gore/Lieberman: Occidental Petroleum and other big oil.

Don't believe the hype. The Gore family made almost all thier money through Occidental Petroleum.

--The Fox

Old 01-14-2003, 04:27 AM   #57
seruzawa
The Toad

Default Re: I'm a boomer?

At ease, Colonel! Parade rest!
Old 01-14-2003, 04:59 AM   #58
gooseman_1
Founding Member

Default Re: Lots of Green for Clean

Almost all of Maine's pollution comes from states far to the south west. Whenever wind blows from these directions we get other people's crap (think coal-burning power plants).

MTBE did little to help our air quality. The city of North Windham had its water contaminated by MTBE. They spent millions creating a pipeline, which took years, meanwhile people had no safe water. Oh yeah, and the EPA didn't bother to pick up the tab for their huge blunder.
gooseman_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2003, 05:08 AM   #59
gooseman_1
Founding Member

Default Re: Lots of Green for Clean

Here's a one word anwser to your question: WIND
gooseman_1 is offline   Reply With Quote