Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Paranoid News Clips

Old 01-10-2003, 04:05 PM   #1
willpower33
Founding Member

Default Re: L.A. area zcreening of ''Biker Boyz'' on January 16!

Yeah, nothing like more good publicity for the sportsbike community.
willpower33 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 01-10-2003, 06:33 PM   #2
Gabe
Registered Member

Default News Item:

Oxford (Reuterz): The Royal Academy of English and Diction, the English language'z oldest institution of academic research, declared today that the final "s" in most English wordz will now be replaced with "z".

"After exhaustive research and heated, lively debate, we here at the Academy have determined that for the sake of preservation of the Queen'z English, we must get down wif' our homies and represent dis schiznitz to the extreme"

The statement went on for several pagez, becoming increasingly bizzare and unreadable.

Expertz in the English language worldwide have expressed great dismay, as the Academy has long been followed as a template for proper English spelling, diction, and grammer.

Most English news organizationz, textbook publisherz, speechwriterz and other users of written English are expected to follow suit. Reuterz staff spent 14 hourz updating newz archivez and style guidez.

"It'z a disaster." stated Lorraine Alsberry, of George Washington University'z Department of English and Wafflez. "Suddenly, all our rules of syntax and grammer are wrong. And what the hell iz that "z" doing replacing the final "s" anyway? Why does the entire English speaking world have to follow the lead of some anonymouz dyslexic teenager, anyway?"

The Bush administration had no comment on the declaration specifically, but did announce that $14 million will be allocated in the nect fiscal year to modify monuments and plaques owned by the Federal Government, with $4 million being spent on the Vietnam War memorial alone.

Just a guy in the ether...
Gabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2003, 10:14 PM   #3
MrDeadeye
Founding Member

I just looked at the trailer here: http://movies.yahoo.com/shop?d=hv&id...railer&intl=us

Seems to be about street racing. I'm in Japan, so I hadn't heard of it before. Might be old news to you guys. Looks lame, but I'll have to see it anyway just for the bikes.
MrDeadeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2003, 01:29 AM   #4
dwr461
Founding Member

Default Re: News Item:

Now that wuz a funny post, cuz.

Take kare,

Dave
dwr461 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2003, 01:31 AM   #5
dwr461
Founding Member

I think I'll have to the local video store to see this movie. No way am I spending $7.00 per person to see this in the theater. Now then, everyone from LA, NYC, etc tell about how $7/person is cheap.

Take care,

Dave
dwr461 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2003, 02:57 AM   #6
seruzawa
The Toad

Maybe this movie will do for motorcyclists what "The Fast and the Furious" did for the streetracers in their Civics with their fartcans.

Since it's a Hollywood product don't go to see it unless you are prepared to see bikers completely misrepresented, oversimplified, stereotyped and ridiculously caricaturized. (Is that an invented word like "atrociteur"?)
Old 01-11-2003, 04:01 AM   #7
kruvi
Founding Member

Seems to me like the bike version of the "Fast and the Geeks" car's movie...

Old 01-11-2003, 04:03 AM   #8
kruvi
Founding Member

Seems to me like the bike version of the "Fast and the Geeks" car's movie...

Old 01-11-2003, 04:08 AM   #9
Buzglyd
Founding Member

I'll even be in L.A. that night after a business meeting and I still have no desire to go.

I think I'll go up on the roof of "the standard" again and drink expensive drinks and look at trendy girls.
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2003, 04:42 AM   #10
nokneedragin
Founding Member

Default Garbage

Great another thing to bring out more untrained squids onto the streets trying to impress themselves with how fast they go in a straight line, or worse think the streets are for wheelies and stopies.

It's going to be a big hit though, its has Kid rock, so the brain dead youth will flock to see it. Shame that Hollywood only knows how to remake bad movies ( fast and furious, planet of the apes etc), and do not want an original film.
nokneedragin is offline   Reply With Quote