Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Paranoid News Clips

Old 01-12-2003, 05:32 PM   #71
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Default Got 2 more for you

Check out the tank badge on the new Kaw Vulcan. It's almost an exact replica of the old Harley Panhead badge from the 50's. Next up is the VTX1800 "Retro". When was the last time Honda made a bike with floorboards, full fenders and a tombstone taillight?? Answer: Never. It's a "Retro" Harley is what it is. The 25th anniversary Yamaha is a riot. All they need is a REAL heratage and then we can have a party. Until then they should stick with what they know.

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 01-12-2003, 07:21 PM   #72
KPaulCook
Banned

Default Longride step away from the keyboard. European barameters examples

"And no, Europe was NEVER a barometer for America. Ever. Period. Give me a break. Here are some examples:
[*]Music: The British invasion. you remember that. American bands vanished in the wake of such bands as the Beattles and Rolling Stones. Latter invasions followed
[*]Fashion: French and Italian designs. American companies mimic these. Women go ape spit over these, I know I am married to one
[*]Automobiles: Detroit (and Japan) for years tried to imitate Mercedes Benz, VW, and BMW. American buyers demanded European like performance in Sedans thus killing the big boat American cars
[*]Food: Lattes, Expressos ring a bell, I know you have Starbucks
[*]Motorcycles: Ducati ring a bell. Talk about influencing America.

Maybe because you are in the homogenous Midwest is why you are blind to this. Come out to the left coast some day.
KPaulCook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2003, 07:26 PM   #73
KPaulCook
Banned

Default My mouth vs your mouth

You know you are always telling me to shut up. But by opening my mouth I generate conversation. Your big news item about dirt track racing has what 8 posts. Look how many posts I generate. Why? because its relevate and fun to talk bout trends etc. Not because you think I am a idiot.
Old 01-12-2003, 07:27 PM   #74
Sam_Freed
Registered Member

Default This ain't Easy Rider! . . .

. . . or maybe it is? I don't know, I haven't seen it, but my guess is it'll be less than a half a blip on the radar screen of cultural consciousness, not a watershed event in the history of motorcycling. Methinks y'all are giving BB way too much credit. It ain't gonna spark a wave of kids breaking their necks doing stoppies anymore than Mission Impossible 2 started a wave of kids jumping off their bikes in mid-air and tackling each other. Sure Darwin's Law will always ensure that the dumbest of the dumb find a way to eliminate themselves from the gene pool, but judging by some of y'alls posts I would say the survival instinct of the common imbecile is as strong as ever.
Sam_Freed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2003, 07:38 PM   #75
KPaulCook
Banned

Default No cookie cutter for me please.

Boy your response is lame you must be getting old. Lets see the UW has about 50,000 students with diverse backgrounds. Probably I little better cross section of folks than you will find at the beach.

As far as an individual, I probably have a more diverse set of experiences than you could ever hope to have. Since you have only lived in SoCal. I have visted every continent. Lived and worked in Asia and the Middle East. I haven't always been a engineer you know. Not all engineers are nerds who sit home solving differential equations or LaPlace Transforms or Fourier Series. We like skiing, flying, music, football, girls, soccer, and oh yes motorcycles. You should get out to SDSU or UCLA and check out the engineering students.
Old 01-12-2003, 07:45 PM   #76
KPaulCook
Banned

Default Re: Damn, what a bunch of snobs!

I agree. I go to movies to escape not to think hard. I do enough of that at work and school. You are correct this is an absolute blip on the radar screen of culture stuff. Your last post about Mission Impossible is a good point. I am going to see it and have fun.
Old 01-12-2003, 08:19 PM   #77
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Default Re: No cookie cutter for me please.

Ah KPaul-san, therein lies the difference. You constantly feel the need to prove yourself and demand respect.

I don't, yet have already earned it.............
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2003, 08:36 PM   #78
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Default Re: My mouth vs your mouth

No, I'm going to go out on a limb here and suggest that most posts related to you are because people think you're an idiot, not thought provoking.

I suppose I could provide about 1000 links to support this statement but we all know the truth don't we?
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2003, 04:43 AM   #79
blackburd
Founding Member

Default Re: Get out and see the inline 4s :)

Now we know why you are so hot for inline 4's. You're a wannabe squid.
blackburd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2003, 05:11 AM   #80
seruzawa
The Toad

Default Re: Ah you need to get out more

You jump on me for having a battle of wits with an unarmed man and then you go ahead and do it yersef. Sheeesh.

Maybe we are just closet masochists.