Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Paranoid News Clips

Old 01-11-2003, 07:31 PM   #31
KPaulCook
Banned

Default Re: L.A. area zcreening of ''Biker Boyz'' on January 16!

Make sure to cut your gray pony tail off.
KPaulCook is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 01-11-2003, 07:42 PM   #32
KPaulCook
Banned

Default Chandler In For Daytona 200 On 954RR (Death of the V-Twin in racing continues)

Chandler to use 954 in Daytona 200 It's just a matter of time.
Old 01-11-2003, 08:07 PM   #33
captainwhoopass
Founding Member

Default Re: News Item:

Amazing. Thankz!
Old 01-11-2003, 08:38 PM   #34
Gabe
Registered Member

Default How about a little Head?

Thank you for using the word "gauche". Very classy.

Just a guy in the ether...
Gabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2003, 08:41 PM   #35
sarnali
Founding Member

Default Re: News Item:

Down wit' dat, yo, cool they axed us to represent,
sarnali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2003, 09:01 PM   #36
Neal
Founding Member

Default Re: Try using your brain

KPAUL:why do you consider it intelligent to call people idiopts for not wearing full face helmets,denigrate all HD riders as posers,and generally dis everyone who doesnt agree with you that the only worthwhile bikes are Japanese in line fours but get insulted when the same tactics are used back at you.....frankly you are starting to wear as thin as the Highwayman...........grow up please.

Neal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2003, 09:03 PM   #37
Neal
Founding Member

Default Re: L.A. area zcreening of ''Biker Boyz'' on January 16!

My that was witty....again,grow up please
Neal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2003, 09:24 PM   #38
TheFox
Founding Member

Why is what you say dumb? Because your statement that "cruisers will be dead in five years" has absloutely no basis in fact. It's an opinion, presented as fact, just like your "V-Twin is dead" argument. When you start fobbing off your opinion as immutable truth, is when I start clawing out my eyes.

Have you looked at some market research lately? Demand for Harley-Davidsons continues to rise, and more units are sold each year. The bubble will burst eventually, but just talk to some people on the street. Nienty-nine time out of one hundred, if I say that I have a bike, the FIRST question out of their mouth if they are not motorcycling enthusiasts is, "Is it a Harley?".

I can name 10 people who are personal friends of mine, and they don't want bikes, they want Harleys. It's not about riding to them, it's about STYLE. Fashions change, but there will always be style. I follow fashions when it comes to clothing, but overall when people see me out in a suit, they recognize the huge influence of the 1930's and 1940's on my style. There are other people who do the same, but draw mainly from a specific idea...I like art deco, another might want something a little more avant garde, but you get the point.

Same with cruisers. Witness the "Power Cruiser" phenomenon. They're cruisers, but with a different fashion. Choppers are cruisers, with a different fashion. Trikes are cruisers, with a different fashion. They're all cruisers, and thusly have the same style.

Have you BEEN to the Midwest, the traditional home of the cruiser? The roads are straight and the land is flat. You have to look long and hard to find a decent road. I commute over 80 miles to get to my road of choice in Illinois, and even that road isn't very good. These things were built for the road, and at legal speeds (which I might remind you we are all supposed to abide by) they are more than adequate in handling and power.

And that's just it. Not everyone wants to go that fast. It's not important. I'm sure there's some KPaul over on some automotice website saying, "Gawd, why would anyone want a muscle car...I mean, they don't handle in the canyons, all you can do is go in a straight line and even then my Porsche will blow the doors off that GTO in a 1/4 mile. In 5 years no one will want a GTO."

Someone will always have a different value on something; want a different taste. Continuing the car analogy, lowriders are built only to look good and chill. That's what some people want to do. Street racers out here build some serious drag cars out of old Camaros and Novas. Personally, I'll take a full original restoration of a 1969 Buick Electra 225 convertible over any of them (ahhhh...a deuce and a quarter. Love taken physical form. *sigh*). It's the same relationship as cruisers to sportbikes. They're all enthusiasts, they just want something different from their expierence.

And that's Mister Pretty Boy to you.

--The Fox

The best bike to take a trip on is the one you have.
TheFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2003, 10:36 PM   #39
KPaulCook
Banned

Default Now that's better

Now thats using your noggin Mr Pretty Boy sir.

Lets examine your points one by one:
[*] First I never said my prediction was fact. It is my opinion, but it seems to ***** you off abnormally so if I say so
[*] Because you have 10 friends that want Harleys doesn't mean that everybody wants a Harley. Your sample size is a little small Also you talked about style. Syles change. In my opinion (note it is an opinion) , cruisers which have been in style for at least 10 years and soon they will go out of style.
[*] Yes I have been to Midwest, I lived in St. Louis for awhile (pit) and do business regularly in Chicago (a little better pit). There were some roads in St. Louis I could have fun on with my Ninja. In addition, longride who is lives in Chicago assures me there are lots of roads a there where a someone with a sportbike could have lots of fun
[*]Muscle cars went out style in the 70s because of gas, smog and style. I doubt they will ever come into style again. Honda civics etc (of fast and furious fame) have taken over that role. Just as I predict nakeds and sportbikes will displace cruisers.

In addition fashion usually starts at the coasts and moves inward. Out here on the west coast, cruisers are out of fashion with the under 35 crowd.

Old 01-11-2003, 10:47 PM   #40
KPaulCook
Banned

Hey loosen up bud. My whole inline thing is a joke pal. And you are right I shouldn't call people who don't wear full face helmets idiots. I should of said that folks who don't wear full face helmets obviously have not read or have chosen to ignore the research studies that show full face helmets are safer. See Proficent Motorcyling for an excellent summary about a German study.

Hey as for the Harley thing, as long as Harley guys think their ***** doesn't stink and choose to not wave, I will continue to dis them as Posers/pretenders. Today two bozos on Road Kings snubed me.

By the way I will never grow up cause I am having too much fun.