Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Paranoid News Clips

Old 01-02-2003, 01:20 PM   #41
billdobb
Founding Member

Default Re: High fashion or the pinnacle of gayness?

Let's stick to motorcycles and such and forget the stereotypical homophobic comments. Not everybody shares the same taste. What else is new?
billdobb is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 01-02-2003, 01:33 PM   #42
torrnado
Founding Member

Default Re: High fashion or the pinnacle of POOR TASTE?

Easy there, sparky! As an avid motorcyclist (who happens to be of the homosexual ilk and who also doesn't subscribe to the so-called lifestyle) to another: don't be an arse-hole.

The leather arm chaps with tassels look ridiculous, unnecessary and stupid, much like those over-adorned Honda Gold Wings with too many lights, chrome, etc., but like all things, there is no accounting for taste.

I can handle my fair share of ribbing (no pun intended), but try and be a little more original in your choice of words.

That goes for MOwriters/editors, too.

Torr

-nothing fancy, just flat black and stainless steel
torrnado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2003, 01:36 PM   #43
rsheidler
Founding Member

Default Re: The Origins of the Highwayman

Thanks -- I knew I had heard it sung by someone but couldn't think who. Was gonna go home and search through my CD collection. You saved me the bother.

I agree it was performed most excellently.

Bob
rsheidler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2003, 01:59 PM   #44
rsheidler
Founding Member

Default Re: High fashion or the pinnacle of POOR TASTE?

Torr

Well said, made your point without overreacting or resorting to namecalling yourself.

Certainly there are segments of the gay community who are into such attire (Village People come to mind) and as those who dress in such flamboyent fashion are more visable than the vast majority who dress and look pretty much like the rest of society, it is not surprising that some associate such style with "gayness."

On the other hand, a quick browse through the XXX sections of the internet, or the local adult bookstore will verify that leather fetishism in various incarnations is pretty popular in the hetero community as well.

Personally, I cannot see myself wearing these things on a motorcycle (look pretty effin stupid on my Ducati), or around machinery, like they suggest (don't they have lawyers to warn them about their product liability exposure?).

For the cruiser crowd or to hang around leather bars, they are neither more or less tasteful than the leather vests, chaps, tittytops etc commonly worn. Just not my style.

Regards

Bob
Old 01-02-2003, 02:36 PM   #45
rsheidler
Founding Member

Seems kinda ironic that as I post this, the banner e-advert at the top of the page is for a company called All Together Leather (www.aleather.com) whose website prominantly features numerous fringed jackets, vests, chaps, tittitops etc at least equally fetishist and equally useless for use on a motorcycle. Maybe you coulda picked some of their offerings to ridicule!

Not my style at all, although I can picture myself groveling before a long-legged woman in a studded leather thong and fringed arm chaps as she seductively strokes my back with a cat-o-nine-tails (if my wife is reading this, this is just poetic license).

On the other hand, I am sure there are some other bikers out there who might question my fashion sense, as well as sexual orientation, when they see me wearing my white, red and black Dainese Tattoo leather racing suit.

Old 01-02-2003, 03:18 PM   #46
KPaulCook
Banned

LOL.
KPaulCook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2003, 03:53 PM   #47
rider_md
Founding Member

nothing like good ol' censorship to select out what you don't want people to read. ^^
rider_md is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2003, 05:12 PM   #48
obandoj
Founding Member

The highwayman be a happy man.
obandoj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2003, 05:34 PM   #49
Huff955
Founding Member

Suddenly I feel like donning my tight red leather under roos, my arm chaps, and my Harley boots and takin on all challengers in the PINNICLE OF GAYNESS ROYAL RUMBLE 03'....OOOOOOHHHH YYYYYEAHHHH BRUTHER!
Huff955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2003, 06:35 PM   #50
chris_z
Founding Member

What's next, ***** chaps????
chris_z is offline   Reply With Quote