Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Paranoid News Clips

Old 01-01-2003, 05:41 PM   #11
rider_md
Founding Member

Default Re: High fashion or the pinnacle of gayness?

Interesting how you modified your original reply to my post.

In any case, your modified reply is far less inflammatory so I'll just pretend your first reply never existed.

So I'll address both of your questions:

1) Perhaps I should lighten up this '03? But if that is the case, you should consider doing the same, since in your original reply you returned the insult of "cowardly idiot". Obviously, my post irked you, or you would never have taken the time to reply.

2) "Whoever said being gay was bad?"

That's a very interesting question.

So let me get this straight. Are you meaning to tell me, with a straight face and clear conscience, that you had no negative connotations in your mind when choosing the words to describe this particular accessory?

Furthermore, as I am of rather low intelligence, please explain to me in EXCRUCIATING detail as to exactly why and how these accessories are "gay", "homoerotic", or flaming?

Specifically, are you meaning to tell the readers of MO that you believe this is what the entire homosexual community would be pleased to wear when riding a motorcycle? So you think this accessory is pleasing to the eye of a homosexual man / woman?

And how exactly did you come to this conclusion?

Seeing how claim your description wasn't negative, since being "gay" isn't negative...

Perhaps, you found these accessories pleasing to YOUR eye?

Perhaps you're confused about your own orientation?

In any case, finally, my userid is posted with what I write, so I am at least SOMEWHAT accountable for what I write... what about you? Oh yeah, journalists don't have to be accountable for what they write... my bad.
rider_md is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 01-01-2003, 07:04 PM   #12
DucButt
Founding Member

rider_md, you do make some valid points - but they're a bit difficult to take seriously. For starters, you seem to contradictory and hypocritical when criticizing MO staff about hiding behind computers, and then resort to calling them derogatory names. Secondly, have you ever poked fun at any segment of the population, including those to which you may claim membership? We've all done silly things that have provided a good laugh for others. Doesn't matter whether you're white, black, straight, gay, Jewish, Muslim, fat, skinny, etc - it's certain that you and others in your "special interest group" exhibit traits that others find humorous - and you in turn probably find some of their traits humorous, so what's the BFD?!! We can laugh at others, and we can laugh at ourselves - it's good for us all. So I agree - lighten up. Far too many people take themselves far too seriously - this only serves one purpose: To take the FUN out of life. Go ahead and laugh at me if you want - I know I'm not necessarily right - but I may be happier. Cheers.

DucButt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2003, 08:28 PM   #13
allbikesbiker
Registered Member

I don't think they're gay but they certainly look kinda lame. They're useless!

What to they protect?

I'd really like to meet the person who financed it..never mind the guy/girl who designed it.. anyone can design crap.

it's got to be financed by someone.. THAT'S the bone head I gotta meet!!
allbikesbiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2003, 01:12 AM   #14
MrDeadeye
Founding Member

These will be popular during bike week. When you are riding around in shorts and tank top or a bikini, with no helmet, you don't want to get road rash on your forearms when you crash. They could call them "handless gloves", much more macho than regular gloves. Just need some footless boots to go with them so you can still have some fringe flapping in the wind when you ride with flip flops.
MrDeadeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2003, 02:56 AM   #15
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Default I give you the Highwayman.

Since I know where this HighwayMoron hangs out, I figured I would give you MO readers another sampling of his madness. This one fits like a glove! No pun intended.

Copied and pasted for your enjoyment!

Time to take stock of this essential garb for biking in America. The real Harley biker knows all about it.

By a manÂ’s boots you can read deep into his character and see his resolve to do things his way, the right way, the only way. On a Harley, boots precede the rest of the biker, leading the charge of steel and leather thundering down the highway. Off the bike, a Harley riderÂ’s boots still serve a noble purpose as they are his roots to the earth and his foundation for taking a stand on all issues that define a real American.

Boots are also the only part of Harley riders seen by posers and wannabes, who are too gutless to raise their sights any higher in the presence of a real biker. As the wannabes cower and tremble at the sight of Harley boots, they secretly wish they were man enough to fill them. Needless to say, a Harley rider’s boots state their case silently, ‘less of course someone be so dense the boots need teach a lesson or two.

Gloves also tell a story. A Harley riderÂ’s fist in the air is accorded a reverent respect by all who know the traditions and values he stands for. Other hand signals from Harley riders have led Americans to heroic achievements for untold decades. And the greatest honor any biker can have is another Harley rider raising his hand in a salute of recognition.

Most times a Harley rider will find that fingerless gloves are best, as they allow a tight rein on the machine but also a bare-knuckled grappling of adversity. Then there are times of courage and resolve when a Harley rider controls his throttle and the men he leads with a full gauntlet.

The boots and gloves worn by a rider of a Harley-Davidson are among the most important expressions of who he is, and not just because they do the talking from time to time.

ItÂ’s because theyÂ’re along for the ride every time.

They call me ... The Highwayman

Old 01-02-2003, 03:31 AM   #16
Closet_Bad_Ass
Founding Member

Footless boots! Ha ha!

That's a good one.
Closet_Bad_Ass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2003, 03:36 AM   #17
intruderman
Founding Member

Default Re: I give you the Highwayman.

I knew it. Longride's secret is out.
intruderman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2003, 03:47 AM   #18
intruderman
Founding Member

sheesh....the wife wants me to put fringe on the clutch and brake levers. I had to tell her, "I love you honey but it's a fringeless bike, it's in the owner's manual, sorry".

I wouldn't call them gay, just incredibly "poseur-ish".
intruderman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2003, 03:52 AM   #19
R1TCHIE
Founding Member

They list "tree service workers" among its possible users. Yea-right; like these folks would just love it when the tassels get tangled in the chain-saw and drag them in !

R1TCHIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2003, 04:36 AM   #20
sarnali
Founding Member

Default Re: I give you the Highwayman.

Wow Longride, I never would have guessed, so,,,,,,,the Ninja's just fer show, Eh?
sarnali is offline   Reply With Quote