Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Paranoid News Clips

Old 01-06-2003, 06:18 AM   #101
Andonyx
Registered Member

Default Re: High fashion or the pinnacle of gayness?

There is no known type of matter in the universe for which the following description can be true:

"Very sexy look for both guys and gals."

err..... except possibly denim.

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 01-06-2003, 07:10 AM   #102
Ken_Packard
Founding Member

To confirm, it was not my intent to insinuate that either Longride or Bob were complaining about the cost of MO. I was in agreement with you guys and making the point that when some DO complain about the cost, they are raising a point that is a non-issue with me (and obviously many others).

The topics mentioned by Bob for future content were all spot on and LR did a good job at summarizing the "back to basics" call-to-action that I think we all tried to express.

I disagree with the post on this thread that basically tells us to look elsewhere if we want all of the standard motorcycle content. This site is called MOTORCYCLE.com and should cover all of the material that the other sites do as well. In addition, our community of members who contribute can continue to add the extra spice that the other sites lack. There is no reason that this site can't do BOTH. Not everyone wants to go to 10 different sites to stay in the multi-dimensional loop. I want a one-stop-shop and MO can do it.

Ken_Packard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2003, 07:28 AM   #103
Ken_Packard
Founding Member

Default Re: Paris Dakar Stage 4

Thanks for the updates. I had my father-in-law (not a bike guy) watching the race over the weekend and he really enjoyed it. I want to try and follow it more closely this year. What an amazing, epic event. Maybe next year MO can send you out on paid assignment if they listen to our posts above.
Ken_Packard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2003, 07:49 AM   #104
banda
Founding Member

Sounds like a proposition. Why don't you tell him where, what time, and what you'll be wearing so that your unfuflfilled fantasy has a better chance of being realized.
banda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2003, 02:15 PM   #105
Super12R
Founding Member

Yea they do fine by themselves dont they
Super12R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2003, 08:51 AM   #106
rsheidler
Founding Member

I specifically am NOT asserting that there was anything racist in his comments -- I simply do not know enough about him to make that comment. I suspect that he was largely just trying to be kind to an old man. The comments certainly did not prove that he is racist; however, they do seem to reflect a certain nostalgia for the South of the late 40s-early 50s, which is not widely shared by many Blacks who lived there at that time.

What I am saying is that his fellow Republicans (particularly several conservative internet Pundits) were the most vocal in their view that by making those comments, he had become a liability to the party. It was other Republicans, not Democrats or the liberal media who piled on and pushed him out.

Of course, the fact that Democrats did not demand that he step down was motivated mostly by their desire that he remain in a position of prominance, so that his words could be used to paint the entire Republican party as being insensitive to racism. Probably, Lott was little more than a scapegoat.

While I am not impugning the motives behind his ouster, I cannot help but assume that politcal expediency was a big factor.

What I was saying was that I am similarly not claiming that any of the MO staff are homophobic, but I do feel that comments such as those posted here could expose them to such charges.

Regards

Bob

rsheidler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2003, 04:07 PM   #107
rsheidler
Founding Member

How about bare skin?
rsheidler is offline   Reply With Quote