Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Paranoid News Clips

Old 01-04-2003, 01:10 PM   #91
DucButt
Founding Member

Default Re: High fashion or the pinnacle of gayness?

I don't understand. Why do you folks want this site to post the same content as every other motorcycle site on the 'net? If I want to read about Jeremy McGrath, I know where to go. What attracts me to MO is what sets them apart from other sites - precisely the fact that they don't duplicate another site's content. Get it? Cheers.
DucButt is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 01-04-2003, 01:26 PM   #92
Super12R
Founding Member

Right on MO for not worrying about being a PC weeny every time you say something and heres wishing you gays a "Acquired Immune Deficiency" holiday season.
Super12R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2003, 03:38 PM   #93
ebman
Founding Member

F*** you fag
ebman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2003, 08:30 AM   #94
rsheidler
Founding Member

>>heres wishing you gays a "Acquired Immune Deficiency" holiday season.<<

Nice warn holiday sentiment!. You sound like a truly wonderful human being.

rsheidler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2003, 08:48 AM   #95
sarnali
Founding Member

Not everyone with AIDS is gay, and even if they were, who the ***** are you to wish them an "acquired immune deficiency holiday" ? and no, *******, I'm not gay, I don't have AIDS, and I don't know anyone that does, I do know that christmas wishes like that will bite you on the ass sooner or later, Have fun, prick
sarnali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2003, 08:50 AM   #96
rsheidler
Founding Member

Default Question for MO Staff

So MO Staff, please explain why this site censors words that are commonly used on network TV (eg "b!tch, a$$hole, $h!t, *****, etc) but let hate words like "fag" pass? I suppose next we'll start calling each other kike, ******, spick etc)!

I guess next, we'll start refering to women as kunts?

I personally do not endorse censorship at all, but if we ARE gonna censor, I think hate speach is where I would start.
Old 01-05-2003, 09:18 AM   #97
rsheidler
Founding Member

Default Neon Yellow Riding Suits

Excellent point. I have a couple of friends who chose the neon yellow Aerostich suits for just that reason -- certainly not as a fashion statement. Mine is red, but if I were to replace it (which I likely won't cause it'll last longer than I will) I'd do the same.

When I ride my bicycle on the road, I always wear neon yellow, green or orange jersey and bright colored helmet to give myself the best possible chance of being seen by car drivers.

For all 2-wheeled riding events, function trumps fashion every time in my book, which is why I don't have any fringed leather vests or chaps. Or arm chaps.
Old 01-05-2003, 12:53 PM   #98
rsheidler
Founding Member

Default Paris Dakar Stage 4

I have based the following from reports on the official Paris-Dakar web site (www.dakar.com/2003/us). I strongly recommend this site to anyone who is interested in learning more about this event.

Following a 36-hour sea voyage, Stage 4, the first African stage, was a short 25km special. Spaniard Joan Roma (KTM V-Twin – note, KPaul) won the stage and advanced to third overall. "The track was very slow and slippery. It wasn't easy with my heavy twin-cylinder bike."

Brazilian Jean de Azevedo (KTM) finished 16 seconds back, in second place, the best stage result ever for a Brazilian competitor. Richard Sainct finished 3rd on the stage, but retained his overall lead (reduced to 22 seconds) – over fellow French KTM pilot Cyril Despres, who was 4th on the stage.

South African Alfie Cox, who had held down 2nd place, was 12th on the stage, down 1min 18sec, and slit to 4th overall. . "I hadn't realized it was such a $hit time" he admitted after the stage.

Most contestants consider that the “real” competition begins tomorrow with stage 5, as they head out over the Sahara.

Old 01-06-2003, 03:30 AM   #99
robb_millett
Registered Member

Default Re: I give you the Highwayman.

whoa. That post is like , totally way more gay than those arm chaps.
robb_millett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2003, 04:45 AM   #100
uberhawk
Founding Member

Ahh, Mr Sheidler,

You've done a remarkable job of absorbing the proscribed and approved sound bites on Strom. Now you can bark them out as "talking points". Congrats. Do you know the facts?

Strom left the Democratic Party to side with the Dixiecrats (actually the label is wrong, it was the States Rights party) - a party whose main intent was to protest the creeping federalism that was eroding states rights. If the Constitution was still taught in Federal schools, you'd know that states rights were to be supreme with a weak central government, versus what we have today, a strong central gov that effectively controls via funding weak state governments. That was the platform of the States Rights party.

One of their major concerns, "the effort to establish nation-wide a police state in this republic." Not a bad thing to oppose in '48...maybe we wouldn't have it today.

Now, personally, I don't think Lott was thinking about either of these deep threads when he made his statement. I think he was being nice to a 100 year old guy on his birthday, but you could build an interesting case that he was right that the country would be better off if states rights had reigned supreme, and it would have nothing to do with with continuing segregation, the only thing the media has seized upon.

In fact, the birthday wish didn't end Lott's career, the speculation by the media about what it "really meant" did. Kinda like endless speculation on MO's motives over an obvious joke. The media wields it's power by providing tasty little factoids for drips like you to quote, drips to lazy to take a minute to google the facts out for yourself, and find out that you're being spoonfed pablum that has little resemblance to reality.

Hopefully no one will try to be nice to you on your 100th birthday.

Sheesh,

Daryl
uberhawk is offline   Reply With Quote