Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Paranoid News Clips

Old 04-01-2010, 11:55 AM   #11
BrowningBAR
Snuggles

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_AirHawk View Post
I kinda like the subtle, demonic red-eyes glow to him. That, and the Joker-brows and devil's smile. It says "Hey, I am a person that can be TRUSTED to Rule..erm, Lead this Country down the Correct Path. To Marxism."
You guys are really reading too much into my avatar. You make it sound like he's satan.
BrowningBAR is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 04-01-2010, 11:57 AM   #12
acecycleins
Founding Member

The risk is age vs experience. If you are under 25yo your "risk center" of your brain thinks you're indestructible. Doesn't matter what you ride. After 25yo your brain quantifies risk differently- inherently lowering your willingness to risk stupid moves. In effect, a 50yo newbie on a ZX14 has a much better ability to avoid risk vs a 18yo on a Rebel.
Wanna save lives? Make the ability to obtain a M class license have a minimum age of 21yo. If we remove 16-20 riders from the road risk goes down. Insurance premiums go down and squidliness reduces. But it would never happen in the home of the free.

Last edited by acecycleins : 04-01-2010 at 12:00 PM.
acecycleins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 11:59 AM   #13
The_AirHawk
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by acecycleins View Post
The risk is age vs experience. If you are under 25yo your "risk center" of your brain thinks you're indestructible. Doesn't matter what you ride. After 25yo your brain quantifies risk differently- inherently lowering your willingness to risk stupid moves. In effect, a 50yo newbie on a ZX14 has a much better ability to avoid risk vs a 18yo on a rebel.
Wanna save lives? Make the ability to obtain
Obtain what?
Let them hate so long as they fear
политики предпочитают безоружных крестьян
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
Nothing to see here, Citizen. Move along now...
The_AirHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 12:01 PM   #14
acecycleins
Founding Member

Quote:
Obtain what?
oopsed that- sorry
Old 04-01-2010, 12:21 PM   #15
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrowningBAR View Post
You guys are really reading too much into my avatar. You make it sound like he's satan.
I dont' think he is, but that pointy red tail and pitchfork kinda scares some people.
Old 04-01-2010, 12:25 PM   #16
The_AirHawk
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by acecycleins View Post
The risk is age vs experience. If you are under 25yo your "risk center" of your brain thinks you're indestructible. Doesn't matter what you ride. After 25yo your brain quantifies risk differently- inherently lowering your willingness to risk stupid moves. In effect, a 50yo newbie on a ZX14 has a much better ability to avoid risk vs a 18yo on a Rebel.
Wanna save lives? Make the ability to obtain a M class license have a minimum age of 21yo. If we remove 16-20 riders from the road risk goes down. Insurance premiums go down and squidliness reduces. But it would never happen in the home of the free.
And why should it? There's a whole 'nother can of worms what opens-up if you move the riding-age back. Look at the Drinking age, did YOU not allow alcohol to pass your lips until your 21st birthday? Neither did I. In fact, I've probably been drunk only a handful of times since my 21st; but could not count the number of times I was sloshed between 14 and 21. After 18, probably every single weekend until I was about 20.

Not to mention what that would do to the very Lifeblood of our Hobby. You're either growin' or you're dyin'.
Let them hate so long as they fear
политики предпочитают безоружных крестьян
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
Nothing to see here, Citizen. Move along now...
The_AirHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 12:36 PM   #17
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member

FEMA (in some cases working with ACEM, in others against them) are directly involved in negotiations over the final draft, but so are other groups with other interests.

Why the heck is the Federal Emergency Management Agency working on European motorcycle regulations?

Maybe we should introduce tiered licensing here in the US too. Seems to me it would save a lot of lives. As for tampering....enough with the Harley Fags and their "Loud Pipes Save Lives." They should strap sirens to their handlebars and bungee chickens on the passenger pillion.
Old 04-01-2010, 12:52 PM   #18
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

"As for tampering...."

Isn't that what you have been contemplating lately ya Fag??
Old 04-01-2010, 01:14 PM   #19
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by longride View Post
"As for tampering...."

Isn't that what you have been contemplating lately ya Fag??
Well...now that you mention it: I Dremeled off the "pea-shooter" at the end of the muffler and packed around the nub with bronze wool. It's actually a pretty nice sound, sort of a subdued Termongoni. All that fun for a measly $16 worth of cutoff wheels and packing material!

Send the noise cops over, I'll be home in an hour.
Old 04-01-2010, 01:16 PM   #20
acecycleins
Founding Member

Quote:
And why should it? There's a whole 'nother can of worms what opens-up if you move the riding-age back. Look at the Drinking age, did YOU not allow alcohol to pass your lips until your 21st birthday? Neither did I. In fact, I've probably been drunk only a handful of times since my 21st; but could not count the number of times I was sloshed between 14 and 21. After 18, probably every single weekend until I was about 20.

Not to mention what that would do to the very Lifeblood of our Hobby. You're either growin' or you're dyin'.
I'm not saying you're wrong. I'm saying you will see a dramatic difference in recorded accidents. Fact is, I think they should move the licensed age to 17yo min.
The biggest problem is our drivers and riders have way more people to contend with on the road than there were a generation ago. We are simply not preparing them well enough for today's roadways. Our testing system is easily 50yo in most states. It's probably time to overhaul the entire licensing system. It won't happen, but it needs to happen. if the DMVS heads of our 50 great states would get together and start exploring updated licensing procedures we could see a real change within 5 yrs. But like I said- that won't happen.