Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Paranoid News Clips

Old 11-26-2002, 12:12 PM   #1
dwr461
Founding Member

Default Re: An unbelievable story: More Gated Community Nonsense

Why would you buy a house there if you were a HD person. Do you want the exercise from pushing a huge chrome monster a half a mile? See what the loud pipe folks have brought upon us. Now we're being increasingly stereotyped as loud outlaws. Heck, in my subdivision the president of our association commended me recently for driving such a quiet motorcycle. (BMW with a catalytic converter and stock exhaust) The greater the number of accountants and school teachers who try to be Peter Fonda on the weekends, the greater the number of people who unfairly hate motorcyclists.

I also don't care for squids, green beans, Honda automobiles, Democrats, rap music, boxer shorts, Compaq computers, light beer, hairy women, and pretty much anything with Madonna in it.

These are only my viewpoints. I've been wrong before, just ask my wife.

Take care,

Dave
dwr461 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 11-26-2002, 12:18 PM   #2
SB8RC
Founding Member

What a ****ty community, Sounds like a good place to take a vaction to and do some whellies and burnouts, That dude should take his pipes off and ride it around there, Then they would have something to cry about.
SB8RC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2002, 12:19 PM   #3
rvfrules
Founding Member

Gated communities have (often stupid) rules. If they don't like it, they should vote with their feet.
rvfrules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2002, 12:23 PM   #4
red-silver
Registered Member

Hey Dave ~ I guess the most amazing thing is that I agree with about everything but the Honda automobiles! Whata'ya got against 'em?

They stay together pretty well, hold their value, and some of 'em are pretty fund to drive (S2000)!
red-silver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2002, 12:32 PM   #5
tumbler
Founding Member

I'm a school teacher, who's Peter Fonda? Just kidding, but I guess I'm missing your point about college educated professionals give other motorcyclists a "bad" image.
tumbler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2002, 12:55 PM   #6
granny
Founding Member

When purchasing a property, one is often required to agree to deed restrictions that limit what one can do with the property in question. If one doesn't like the deed restrictions on a property, then then one shouldn't buy the property. Whether this is fair or not is certainly arguable but once the agreement is signed, it's binding.
granny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2002, 12:58 PM   #7
camfarm
Founding Member

I feel a kinship with you 'dwr461'. Except I am occasionally attracted to women with hairy armpits.

M
camfarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2002, 01:05 PM   #8
camfarm
Founding Member

This is true when one first moves into a restricted community. I have found, however, that the elected officials of these communities often add new rules after one has moved there.

I am the current Deputy Trustee of a private community (more of a 'Deliverence' quality neighborhood than an elite one). We are constantly arguing over new rules -- more restrictions on existing owners, that some wish for vehemently while others resist.

Several years ago the members wished to restrict ATV's. Another time to permit dogs and cats but no horses, pigs or sheep (cows were not mentioned).

While I agree that at purchase time, the owner was free to choose the restrictions in place, perhaps time has eroded the freedoms of that period.

M
camfarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2002, 01:35 PM   #9
Captain_1
Founding Member

I'm sure the Highwayman would have something to say about this sad story. True red blooded God fearing Harley riding Americans don't live in gated communities subject to the fascist rules of buffoons. Can you possibly imagine pushing your Road King a half-mile in and out of your subdivision?

Captain_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2002, 02:35 PM   #10
12er
Founding Member

Wow, just like I posted on the AMA vs. EPA discussion. The louder you are, the more voters you pi$$ off. The more Voters you pi$$ off, the more laws are created against us.

We are a minority if you havent noticed. Pi$$ off the Majority and we become extinct. Think about that the next time you fire up your uncorked bike. While it may be music to our ears, its not to the majority of people. Its just noise and a lot of it.
12er is offline   Reply With Quote