Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Paranoid News Clips

Old 11-27-2002, 06:43 AM   #41
seruzawa
The Toad

Default Re: An unbelievable story: More Gated Community Nonsense

last I checked, we were still allowed to have such preferances!

But apparently not in The Woods.

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 11-27-2002, 06:54 AM   #42
dwr461
Founding Member

lol

dwr461 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2002, 06:59 AM   #43
Thinc2
Founding Member

While this is an unfortunate reflection on the state of motorcycling, i don't see anytihng wrong with the community voting for this regulation.

Are we saying communities shouldn't be allowed to establish regulations to control their environment? This is exactly why people choose to live in communities. In this case it applies to motorcycles, in other cases it has to do with not playing basketball in your driveway in the middle of the night, or parking your RV on the street.

Communities give you a choice - if you don't like the regulations, then don't live there, or work within the system to change it. The folks in the article are doing the right thing - they are trying to influence public opinion to get the votes to change the regs.

For those of us not living there - why be so critical of how others choose to live their lives?
Thinc2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2002, 07:04 AM   #44
dwr461
Founding Member

I've heard it was. But then I don't care for the cephalopod version of squid either. Also, I'm subject to these darn random drug screens at work. I guess I'll have to sit at the kiddie table. But go ahead and eat twice as much in honor of me. I'll get the beers chilled.

I wish I never heard of Compaq computers too. But it's OK now, I've got a Dell Dude!

Take care,

Dave
dwr461 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2002, 07:06 AM   #45
Andonyx
Registered Member

I'm sorry, I feel like a bufoon.

err.....ummmm.....what IS the old spark plug in the muffler trick?

(I'm the only person in my group of friends who rides, so while I keep up with the mags and the web sites, I'm not privvy to a lot of motorcycle culture.)
Old 11-27-2002, 07:22 AM   #46
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

If they could wear those ridiculous looking wigs, pink boxers would be a step up!
Old 11-27-2002, 07:53 AM   #47
itchface
Founding Member

Members of the Party that are giving us John Ashcroft, a non-secular government, and war rhetoric that's pissing off the rest of the world should keep quiet about everything.
itchface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2002, 08:03 AM   #48
TheFox
Founding Member

Default 'Biker Boyz' = lame

Ugh. Looks like it's time for my insurance rates to go up. I can just imagine the underwriters at State Farm seeing this and going, "Oh my stars!".

I'm all for more riders, but does anyone remember what happened after The Fast and the Furious? Thousands of kids putting exhaust ips on their dented CRX with the cracked windshield claining they coukld take anyone on the street. Grrr. Looks like we're going to see a lot of kids on new sportbikes wrecking them soon.

Who knows though, maybe some guys will buy older sportbikes and 70's and 80's standards and learn to ride, and become riders forever. I got news for them though...the new 'Biker Boyz' that come into motorcycling from this movie will definately have a steep learning curve, both with riding and social interaction with older riders.

I have images of squids getting rocked on by 50 year olds on their Ducatis and GSX-Rs to increase at a great rate. At least I know I'm not fast...I hope they learn quickly too.

--The Fox

The best bike to take a trip on is the one you have.
TheFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2002, 08:18 AM   #49
itchface
Founding Member

Please disregard my post above. I haven't the time or inclination to argue politics here. Suffice to say that Republicans are the scurge of the earth. There, it's off my chest and I can now move on with my life.
itchface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2002, 08:19 AM   #50
12er
Founding Member

Back in the 50's and early 60's I believe (Just reciting tales from my father) some folks in the constant search for coolness would wire up a spark plug mounted in the exhaust pipe. After running the car with the manuel choke out a bit they would hit a switch to ignite the unburned fuel exiting the exhaust pipe and blow 3 ft flames out the back of their ride. A few burned out hulks and scorched humans later this behavior was deemed illegal.
12er is offline   Reply With Quote