Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Paranoid News Clips

Old 11-26-2002, 06:58 PM   #21
Vlad
Founding Member

Default Re: An unbelievable story: More Gated Community Nonsense

How about painting a sign for the front of the community that says: "This community supports terrorists by banning the use of fuel efficient vehicles."

Sign it "George Bush"

V
Vlad is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 11-26-2002, 08:33 PM   #22
Z3Coupe
Founding Member

I don't see how or why this is such an unreasonable rule - except for one thing. It should be a flat noise-level issue, and not a motorcycle issue. In the neighborhood I live in, I have just as much unwanted noise from motorcycles (both cruisers and sportbikes) as I do from four-wheeled vehicles (redneck pickups with no mufflers, ricemobiles with Folgers (tm) Coffee Can exhaust systems, etc.).

I'd suggest that anyone that lives in a community with limits against motorcycles ask them why the limits are put in place... If the answer to that is noise, then you should jump up and down and make as much trouble as you can whenever a loud car goes by... And thusly try and get the regulation changed to a noise restriction for all vehicles - something that should appease everyone as well as do away with some of the noisy cars out there, too.

Just my $0.02.
Z3Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2002, 09:06 PM   #23
sarnali
Founding Member

I'm more of a vote with my feet kind-a-guy, I'd tell them to kiss my f**n' ass and lease my house to the city as a half way house for sex-offenders, let 'em choke on that for awhile. Just proves you really have to read between the lines when you move into a gated neighborhood, I think in most case's you'd be grandfathered in if there was a rule change after you had been there, but I think you'd be payin' lawyers to straighten it out either way. The neighborhood I live in has covenants, but they're not too unreasonable, plus we're on county streets, so they can't ban a licensed street vehical. The thing I wonder about gated community's is does the gate keep riff-raff in or out? also, I wear boxer's, like Madonna and green beans, tolerate democrats and rap, and don't really care for Honda's and extremist's of any stripe, left or right.
sarnali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2002, 09:15 PM   #24
sarnali
Founding Member

Oh, I forgot, Squid saute'd in garlic, butter and mushrooms, served by hairy women, washed down with beer, [not light, I'm afraid] watchin' Madonna shake her goodies sounds like a pretty good time to me.
Old 11-26-2002, 09:16 PM   #25
dwr461
Founding Member

Well, I'm not going to get into a political discussion here. Those are my viewpoints and I'm entitled to them even if they don't appeal to a liberal's sense of fairplay.

Love, peace, and a can hair grease.

Dave
dwr461 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2002, 09:21 PM   #26
dwr461
Founding Member

You forgot Compaq computers.

Dave
Old 11-26-2002, 09:35 PM   #27
dwr461
Founding Member

FYI : Just because I don't care for something doesn't make it bad or wrong. If I offended anyone... switch medications. My viewpoints shouldn't be that important to you.

Take care,

Dave
Old 11-27-2002, 02:48 AM   #28
fizzchem
Founding Member

Default Re: Liberals for property rights!

Now I've read everything...

fizzchem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2002, 03:16 AM   #29
sarnali
Founding Member

Fighting unreasonable rules is all well and good, but why subject yourself to a bunch of anal-retentive dweebs in the first place? If the neighborhood you plan on moving into has anything but the loosest common sense covenants, youd be smart not to live there to start with, We all know some people feel they have the God-given right to tell us how to live, I however, am a grown man that doesn't require alot of direction from neighborhood "leaders" or panty-police, I'd just as soon not have anyone over 40, or male think about what kind or color drawers I'm wearing.
Old 11-27-2002, 03:25 AM   #30
sarnali
Founding Member

Squid in marinara's pretty good too, Compaq computers?, nevah hoid of 'em.