Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Paranoid News Clips

Old 11-26-2002, 04:15 PM   #11
itchface
Founding Member

Default Re: An unbelievable story: More Gated Community Nonsense

If I buy a house knowing that there's a deed restriction that does not allow me to wear pink boxers, and I subsequently am given pink boxers for my birthday and wish to wear them, I wouldn't just sell my house as a result without a fight.

People change, and new hobbies are assumed. Why should a new motorcyclist be forced to pick up and move just because there's an unfair deed restriction that didn't matter to him at the time he agreed to it.

Unreasonable rules should be subject to appeal. And real men shouldn't be afraid to wear pink boxers.
itchface is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 11-26-2002, 04:17 PM   #12
KPaulCook
Banned

Excellent point. Folks just don't seem to get it that motorcyclists are viewed unfavorably by most cagers. Give em any excuse loud pipes, dirty pipes, etc., and they will hate us more.
KPaulCook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2002, 04:23 PM   #13
jtred6r
Registered Member

You are so correct!!!
jtred6r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2002, 04:25 PM   #14
mph9146
Founding Member

Me too, except I wear boxer shorts!

mph9146 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2002, 04:28 PM   #15
KPaulCook
Banned

Default Gated Community has the wrong solution to the problem

You make an excellent point. Folks ask the guy down the street, a Harley rider, why his bike is much louder compared to mine. He tells them his bike is safer. OK but good thing this guys does not ride very much or folks would clamor for a noise ordinance. I think if the community is concerned about noise, they should have a noise ordinance i.e. posted dB range. That way folks who have quiet bikes will not be affected. Harley guys will have to get real mufflers like the rest of us. Noise ordinances are nothing new. My dad had to take the glass packs off his Camaro because of a noise ordinance. He got used to it.
KPaulCook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2002, 04:32 PM   #16
dwr461
Founding Member

I have nothing against people who choose to drive Honda autos. They have just always struck me as being the automotive equivalent of the washing machine. They always work, will do the job you ask, you'll have no fun doing it, and they have no for lack of a better word soul.

Take care,

Dave
dwr461 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2002, 04:37 PM   #17
dwr461
Founding Member

Default Re: Gated Community has the wrong solution to the problem

Motorcycle riding is like any other skill, perfect practice makes perfect performance. If a person rides infrequently he is not going to be as skilled in avoiding potential danger areas or saving his butt in a panic situation as a rider who rides more frequently. The loudness of his exhaust does not enter into the equation. Except if he is trying to compensate for something else. You can of course substitute she for he anywhere above.

Take care,

Dave
dwr461 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2002, 04:37 PM   #18
itchface
Founding Member

Your quote:

<blockquote>I also don't care for squids, green beans, Honda automobiles, Democrats, rap music, boxer shorts, Compaq computers, light beer, hairy women, and pretty much anything with Madonna in it.</blockquote>

Quite the curmudgeon you are. It doesn't surprise me one bit that someone who would single out rap music as an object of disgust even though it's obviously not an art form that's even remotely directed at him would also dislike Democrats.

Republicans and close-mindedness seem to go together like Madonna and promiscuity.

itchface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2002, 05:02 PM   #19
Reality_Check
Founding Member

Time for Florida Steve to go out and buy the loudest, purplest, smokiest, rattiest '63 Chebby he can find, dingleballs and all, and after driving this around the "community" for a while, offer to trade mounts for his nice, quiet, Sportster. And if that doesn't work, there's always the old spark-plug-in-the-muffler trick.
Old 11-26-2002, 05:32 PM   #20
rsheidler
Founding Member

>>Unreasonable rules should be subject to appeal. And real men shouldn't be afraid to wear pink boxers.<<

Damn straight! The fathers of our country (or their forefathers) knew that they were moving to an English colony when they moved to America, but that did not stop them finally getting pissed about the rules enough to toss the tea in the harbor! Objecting to stupid, unreasonable homeowners' association rules is not so different from objecting to taxation withour representation.

And you are right about the pink boxers -- "real men" don't give a rats ass what other people think real med would do/wear/drive/ride etc!
rsheidler is offline   Reply With Quote