Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Paranoid News Clips

Old 08-27-2002, 05:47 PM   #1
itchface
Founding Member

Default Re: Moto Guzzi Tecnocustom

I'm in love! I will sell my house, my car, my dog, my mother... whatever it takes to come up with the fundage it takes to procure this bike. If M-G chickens out with this bike (ala Yamaha MT-01) I will forever boycott all things Italian as a protest (beware Domino's!).

itchface is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 08-27-2002, 06:32 PM   #2
speedsport
Founding Member

Its a shame that Guzzi ain't got the balls to build this bike exactly as pictured and spec'd, I think its beautiful!, and I'm a sportbike rider.
speedsport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2002, 07:16 PM   #3
OdinChaos
Founding Member

That bike is fantastic! the end can looks a little on the large side, but the rest of the bike is georgeous.
OdinChaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2002, 08:23 PM   #4
mergenex
Founding Member

Default I love the italians

that is a gorgeous bike. i want that bike. For the love of god guzzi, build this bike. i will buy this. i seriously love the look of this bike. it has a sport bike stance with wonderful lines, and a hint of old school flair.

please let me buy this bike
mergenex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2002, 09:31 PM   #5
Pierre_TerBlanche
Founding Member

How on earth do you make a shaft drive fit a single-sided swingarm? I seriously doubt this is the first chain drive Guzzi in umpteen years, but the photos don't tell us anything.

That said, make it a dual exhaust and I might buy this one.
Pierre_TerBlanche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2002, 10:58 PM   #6
yosef
Founding Member

Default Dear Pierre

Although you are such a talented and genial designer it looks like you didn't pay attention at your motorcycle design history classes.

"How on earth do you make a shaft drive fit a single-sided swingarm?"

Well, BMW has been doing it since 1980 (R80GS) so I guess it works...

Cheers

Yossef
yosef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2002, 01:07 AM   #7
bobbob_3
Founding Member

The Guzzi V-twin is a gorgeous motor, and they look and sound like nothing else. Problem is, they handle like nothing else, too - and not in a positive way. Specifically, they don't much like to turn (long wheel base and high center of gravity.) Not for nothing do most insightful reviews of Guzzi's conclude with the statement, "make sure you ride one first." Knowing all of this, I wish I still had my beautiful yellow '97 1100 sport!
bobbob_3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2002, 01:08 AM   #8
Lowrez
Founding Member

Default Ugh....

I don't know what you folks are seeing in this bike, but you can keep it. A little too chunky around the tank with nothing out back to balance it out. Kinda like a body builder with huge shoulders and tiny little legs.
Lowrez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2002, 02:04 AM   #9
jmeyn
Founding Member

Default Errata alert

9kgm max torque at 7800 rpm is a bit suspect considering that it makes 29 kgm of torque at 8400 rpm.
jmeyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2002, 03:58 AM   #10
SRMark
Founding Member

Guzzi had it closer to correct back with the Mid 80s LeMans. This one is better than the current "swollen" sport Guzzis though. However, the master cylinders look out of place, the Triumph-like mini fairing thingie is stupid, the headlight trim is too thick, the exhaust system looks like drain pipe, I'd bet that the red anodized frame member fades to pink like the current versions, the old 4-valve valve covers looked better, the tank looks better from the back than from the side, and the muffler can looks to be about 25% too big. Still, this is much better than the goofy looking stuff currently available. Keep at it.
SRMark is offline   Reply With Quote