Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Paranoid News Clips

Old 08-30-2002, 01:04 AM   #61
MG57
Founding Member

Default Re: A better looking Moto Guzzi

Thank-you jmeyn. Once again I am reminded of why I almost never post to these things.

BTW, you shouldn't knock bozo, KP. The clown game can be quite lucrative.
MG57 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 08-30-2002, 02:37 AM   #62
Jimi_Dee
Founding Member

Default Re: Moto Guzzi Tecnocustom

You can use all of that there "saved" air in your head, although it sounds like you have plenty in there already!

The concept bike still looks like its powered by a tractor engine...and speaking of that, give me the thin looks of a Buell anyday.
Jimi_Dee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2002, 03:18 AM   #63
SRMark
Founding Member

Given that the Italians have produced Ducatis, Bimotas, MV Agustas (talk about a pretty set of pipes!) and Moto Guzzi has produced the '83 LeMans, I stand by my criticism of the tank and pipes. Don't get me wrong, I really like this attempt by Moto Guzzi, they just need to get it as right as an Italian company can. I do firmly believe that beauty is in the eye of the beholder and respect your opinions.
SRMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2002, 06:15 AM   #64
ikonoklass
Founding Member

Default Other Guzzis

I kinda like that California EV Touring bike they have on their site. If I were in the market for a cruiser, I think that would make a great alternative to say, an FXDXT. Cheaper, too, and tubeless tires despite the spokes.
Old 08-30-2002, 06:03 PM   #65
gbonacci
Founding Member

i'm sold. i would buy this bike tomorrow. love the look.....very unique, very modern, beautiful. all wrapped into what looks like livable ergos and the famous throaty guzzi V-twin.
gbonacci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2002, 01:35 AM   #66
rhust
Founding Member

Awight Goose - looks good, but how 'bout a few changes:

1) Give it an underseat exhaust - that can looks like a megaphone and what's the point of a single-sided swingarm if ya ain't gonna show it off?

2) Show off yer engine by making it something else than black - by naked we don't mean stealth. Show that engine off, baby!

3) Make up an optional fairing akin to the cafe-style available for the Le Mans - nothing too big mind, but something to help cut the wind a bit.

4) Do something about those rear signals - they look like afterthoughts (yeah, grab those outta the bin - they should work =P).

5) Price it right!!! <$10000...
rhust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2002, 07:51 AM   #67
commsoft
Founding Member

I cannot recommend M-G machinery due to service problems. My dad has a 2001 or 2002 California as his cruiser bike, which he likes a lot. However, he was in an accident about 5 months ago (clipped by a 3-lane changing teenager). The bike was rideable to get it to the shop (Pro Italia), but has been at the shop ever since, with the service people there claiming to be unable to get some of the parts from Italy for the entire period.

That's 5 months of waiting for parts - so if you are thinking of purchasing an M-G machine, better be prepared to write it off if something goes wrong (or, god forbid, you have an accident). At this point, Dad is about to tell the insurance company to total it as irreparable, and/or demand the bike and his repair money back from the shop (which was paid in full by the insurance company a long time ago).

-- Jim

commsoft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2002, 07:42 PM   #68
mcnicely
Founding Member

This is very exciting! I'm hoping this will result in V10 Centauro type bike, but with more of Standard riding position, and while I'm dreaming, also with better handling.

The handlebar position and tail pipes scream cruiser but the foot peg position looks a sit-up straight standard.

I test drove a jetted V10 purported to deliver almost a 100 hp and it was so much fun for city driving. However, the unual ergos made for an uncomfortable long haul and cornering ability wasn't pretty.

As beautiful as the Centauro was, I can't see buying a bike for just looks. However, I'm still quite in lust with Moto Guzzi's design in general so I'm hoping they eventually produce a high horse power standard.
mcnicely is offline   Reply With Quote