Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Paranoid News Clips

Old 06-18-2002, 12:05 PM   #61
panthercity
Founding Member

Default Re: Anybody else watch "speed bike racing on cable television"

I must have missed it while watching roadracing, supercross/arenacross and the few dirt track and trials events shown.
panthercity is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 06-18-2002, 12:07 PM   #62
panthercity
Founding Member

Default Re: The HD general manager sums up

today's stereotypical Harley rider with the brilliant statement, "You throw the cell phone in the tour box and just go."

Sheesh, I got no Harley, no tour box and no cell phone. Good thing I ride a Beemer...
panthercity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2002, 12:12 PM   #63
Bluebandit6
Registered Member

Default Re: Oh, I don't know...

I don't know about Lil Kim, but I think Pink is sexy...especially on a motorcycle.
Bluebandit6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2002, 12:17 PM   #64
Poser
Founding Member

Default Re: ABC News reports on motorcycles

I was born in 1960, so I am either a late boomer or just missed, depending on who you ask. I figure I have about 30 years of riding left, at a minimum. Both of my brothers ride. One is 40, the other is 29. Between us, we will probably be riding a combined 100 years in the future. That wears out a lot of bikes.
Poser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2002, 12:57 PM   #65
Poser
Founding Member

Default Re: maintenance free? ugghh

How 'bout a puddle under it. Not some wimpy Harley puddle, but a righteously deep and wide puddle like you find under a BSA.
Poser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2002, 09:16 PM   #66
sarnali
Founding Member

Default Re: Oh, I don't know...

I 've got three teenage daughters and I've been watching mtv off and on since it started, most of the movies that appeal to my presumably typical teens such as romeo must die, or gone in 60 seconds, or fast and furious show sport bikes not harley's, the DMX video called ruff ryders roll shows a black sport bike club, also bush's machine head video that totaly rocks, shows a chick with dreds on a triumph blasting around london, in fact I only recall harley's in a stray cats video and one or two i can't name, as for hair bands most of them stunk, the best music out of the 80's was punk/techno/new wave art/thrash noise what ever you want to call it , though metallica, scorpions and guns an roses bust out pretty good, any way IMHO harleys don't seem to have a lot of appeal amongst the young 'uns up here around tacoma.
sarnali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2002, 09:29 PM   #67
sarnali
Founding Member

I don't know buddy, your right smack in the ol' target demographic there, if you notice yourself not shaving or putting your hair in a 2inch pony tail you might want to lock'n'load, I'm only saying this ;cause I'm pretty damn close to your age myself, I had a nightmare about big ass conchos on my bandit seat! and streamers! and white wall tires! ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
sarnali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2002, 11:18 AM   #68
runner00
Founding Member

What do you guys and gals think of this. There is a small displacement cruiser market and Harley doesn't really have an entry in that market. I don't think the sportster 883 custom and hugger are really in the same category as

the Vstar, volusia etc. I'll bet they know that and are planning at least a new frame in order to create a low long ranger small displacement crusier. The current sportster frame is too high to compete with these other models. I think Harley is currently losing ground in the long low small displacement cruiser market and thats there niche(cruiser)....so I'll just bet we will see something interesting soon.
runner00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2002, 01:27 PM   #69
KPaulCook
Banned

Default Re: The HD general manager sums up

LOL good one.
KPaulCook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2002, 01:34 PM   #70
KPaulCook
Banned

Default Re: 4 letters say it all

Thats what I said 5 characters say it all

You make great points about your VFR and suprised it fits so well. I though the ZX-9 might be a little bigger boned. However, I think my next bike will be a VFR with hard bags. Everyone that I know that has one just loves it and the used ones don't stay around the dealers too long (fetching good money) too. Do you have ABS? I am thinking about getting ABS since I live in rainy Seattle and I try to commute on my bike every day. So far on my ZX-6R I had a couple skids but mostly cause I was following to close
KPaulCook is offline   Reply With Quote