Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Paranoid News Clips

Old 05-11-2002, 04:11 AM   #21
yzf1070
Founding Member

Default Re: JD Power rates Arai top lid

I'm happy you have a dealer you can do this with, but most of us don't. In the past 2 years between my best friend and myself we have bought 6 motorcycles, 4 jet skis and spent untold dollars on service and parts all from local dealers whom we've had previous relationships with for years. And not one of them will work with us on anything! One time we brought three of the jet ski's in for service, and after we went up to Mass., where they are stored, and brought them down to the dealer he tells us we have to take them off the trailer because we cannot leave them on the trailer in his empty warehouse. So we had to take them of the trailer and put them on dollies, bring the trailer back up to Mass, go back and get the trailer the next day from Mass bring it back down to the dealer and pick up the jet skis and bring them back up to Mass. This whole process cost me about $100 in fuel alone! And to top it all off this dealer then proceeded to charge us for some stuff that he said would be repaired under warranty. When we asked him about this he said "Oh yeah.... Well I looked it up and we weren't able to replace it through the warranty so now it's gonna cost $500 more for parts and labor." After all this I lost my damn mind and told them I would never coome to their shop again! And I had been going there for 8 years!

This is just one of countless bad experiences with dealerships in my area.... Don't even get me started on my latest involving my '02 R1's fancy LED tailight and 208 series tires! Urgh! I'm gonna go outside now and split some wood or something!
yzf1070 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 05-11-2002, 04:16 AM   #22
yzf1070
Founding Member

Oh and one more thing as far as the, "Running to the dealer to pick up that last minute part" thing goes... Where do you live?! Around here you have a better chance of winning the lottery, flying to the moon, finding the cure for cancer and having wild sex with all of the NFL cheerleaders and playboy bunnies in one day than you do of finding any last minute parts at a local dealer! OK I'm done now... Sorry about the rant....
yzf1070 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2002, 12:51 AM   #23
stormcloud
Founding Member

Sorry to hear about your experiences. Sounds like that guy is an idiot and its amazing he's been in business for 8 years.....

Where I am, a regional city of 85,000, the dealers are all fairly close to each other so competition is good. It doesnt hurt that in a small town, complaints would spread fast. However, I guess it helps that they all seem to be decent people with good character. The local Honda dealer's word is as good as a contract (this discovered over several years business). BTW I see it as my responsibility to build the relationship by treating him as I'd want him to treat me - it's a two way thing that would end if I ever felt betrayed.
stormcloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2002, 03:41 PM   #24
cyclesteve
Registered Member

Arai Listen up. I love my Signet G/T, but was only able to afford it because of the internet purchase and the savings it brought. I believe my next lid will be from another manufacturer if you continue with this new practice.I am in Chattanooga Tn a reasonable size city and could not find an Arai on the shelves here at any price.You will lose me and many others in smaller market cities with your latest practice.BTW all the info on sizing was available on the Arai web set. The fit I got was perfect. Wise up!
cyclesteve is offline   Reply With Quote