Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Paranoid News Clips

Old 04-15-2002, 02:22 PM   #181
AstonMartin
Founding Member

Default Re: Stupidity on display

Again...stupidity on display...and you're proud of it! BTW...how is it feel like to live with no brain? You're must be an "officer"...
AstonMartin is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 04-15-2002, 02:26 PM   #182
BigMike_1
Founding Member

Default Re: Burns:: Friday Fanaticism

The United States is a Representative Democracy - Republic. You elect people to represent your interests.
BigMike_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2002, 02:30 PM   #183
AstonMartin
Founding Member

You're the paramount of stupidity. The Great American Knucklehead. The Royal A**hole. The USA did not save no European countries, nor other countries on other continents. They went there 'cause it was money in it. You damn fu**er.
Old 04-15-2002, 02:44 PM   #184
BigMike_1
Founding Member

I've spent most of my adult life overseas, been to more third world countries than most, and your comment about Americans not being held in high esteem is questionable at best. In fact, I've always found most people "like" your average American, and the majority of them in most third world nations I've been in, would like nothing better than to move to America.

As to the effects of imperialism, that responsibility lies more with the Europeans than Americans. Our short and not very successful stint at imperialism started toward the end of the 19th Century.

At the end of WWII most of the world looked to us as a model to emulate. Is it completely our fault that they didn't realize their dreams?
BigMike_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2002, 02:48 PM   #185
AstonMartin
Founding Member

Default Re: SUV drivers ARE idiots!

Whoever sold you the SUV and convinced you that america is all about freedom, is the same person...
Old 04-15-2002, 02:52 PM   #186
AstonMartin
Founding Member

Default Re: Monday fanaticism

Hey, I'm surprised...there's definitely hope...well said NoKneeDown...
Old 04-15-2002, 03:55 PM   #187
sportbike_pilot
Founding Member

What JB has done here, I think, is play a bit of a devil's advocate. The purpose of any editoral rant is to stir up some opinion. Judging from the volume and tenor of the responses here I'd say the trick's been done. Anything that gets people to think then communicate is a good thing.

Nothing exists by itself. Motorcycles are a subset of life. The occasional foray from "just the facts ma'am" bike reviews into more esoteric topics is just fine by me. That is the one of the beauties of this particular medium - it readily lends itself to this type of forum. I am really digging the responses to this topic. There are some really thoughful MO'ers out there from all angles on this. Of course there are some nimrods as well, but I dig you too.

Peace, out

Martin
sportbike_pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2002, 04:15 PM   #188
hawkrider
Founding Member

Default Re: You drive an SUV, You're an idiot.

Aston Martin? I assume from this that you drive an Aston Martin. Good for you!

I took a moment to go back and read your last ten posts. One can only conclude that you are a judgemental "know it all" who has some sort of ***** with everyone who disagrees with your narrow view of life.

You sound like a bitter little man who can't quite understand the big picture. As far anyone being shallow and ignorant, how would you know? Do you know me personally, do you know what I have done in my life, accomplishments, failures etc. No you don't. However, you are free to conclude and generalize.

To say the things that you do about SUV owners and alike is making my point. Why do you assume and generalize with such distain?

You seem to be knee deep in conspiracy theory as well, please tell me your not a basement dwelling X-Files type. BTW do you live in the US? You sound like you may be happier somewhere else, not a judgement, just an observation.

Part of being a mature adult is to accept others as they are. Try it, you may make some new friends!
hawkrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2002, 05:58 PM   #189
pplassm
Founding Member

Default Re: Friday Fanaticism

Thanks John. Another good'n.

My thoughts. People in the US choose SUV's for a number of reasons, one of them being the missperception of safety that the media conveys upon them. Perhaps, if our young drivers were better trained, and driver's licenses harder to attain, this type of behavior would not be exhibited. It is telling that the US is the only country in the world where automobile with automatic transmissions outsell manuals.

As far as oil consumption goes, there are archaeologists who believe that that the largest deep oil deposits have yet to be located. Do these other posters really believe that there is an ongoing conspiracy to bury technological advances in powering vehicles? Heck, we could do much by just going full-bore on nuclear power. Nuke waste concerns? remember, crude oil was once regarded as a useless by-product of natural gas production.

So, where am I going with theis?

1. We have lousy drivers in the US, always will.

2. I believe the energy production picture is much better than expressed here on this board.

Old 04-15-2002, 07:27 PM   #190
Pacer
Founding Member

Does anyone even read the 193rd post?
Pacer is offline   Reply With Quote