Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Paranoid News Clips

Old 04-13-2002, 08:10 PM   #111
12er
Founding Member

Default Re: Burns:: Friday Fanaticism

Riding my bicycle around as I love to do is more dangerous than my motorcycle. Here the SUV thing really rings true. Ever tried to set the example on a two lane road with two SUV's, one coming at you and one going with? Gotta love that wind created as the mirror misses your head by about 2 inches... Also if your riding BART (San Francisco Bay Area Rapid Transit, subway if you will) they wont allow bikes on during rush hour. When I rode to work I had to be on the train before 6:30am and couldnt get back on till after 6pm. Nothing like getting to work an hour early and having to wait another hour before you can go home. This country doesnt make it easy for you to do the right thing, hell there isnt enough money in it...
12er is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 04-13-2002, 08:16 PM   #112
12er
Founding Member

I quit voting for the simple reason that to get elected you have to compremise about something. You also have to kiss major ass and get major funding. If someones pocketbook isnt your priority you gets no funding. Then once an honest man or woman gets elected there is nothing like that special interest cash to change your mind. I'd love to feel good about voting, the same as I would love to get behind a religion but as its all controlled by man, man lies and looks out for his own.
12er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2002, 08:30 PM   #113
SilverBullet
Founding Member

I don't think JB is pledging to legislate and ban SUVs off the roads, he's just simply saying that a lot a people buy and USE stuff they don't really need and that waste is affecting all of us. Lighten up nobody's freedom is being attacked.

SilverBullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2002, 09:11 PM   #114
The_Aerodynamic_Head
Founding Member

Default no, it was the stock market.

Actually, incorrect.

Most middle east money is petrol money, to be sure. But we now know that most of Osama's first "big money" came from buying defence industry stocks and insurance stocks during the 80s. His recent money came from shorting the tech slowdown of Y2k, and his latest cash came from REALLY shorting insurance stocks the week or so before 9/11.

Old 04-13-2002, 11:57 PM   #115
DucButt
Founding Member

Who said anything about taking resources away from the rest? Who said anything about being better than the rest? Who said anything about having the right to abuse power? Those are your words, your inference. You're entitled to your own opinion - but it seems like a lot of us have all the answers, and a lot of us are more interested in making up someone else's mind for them.

I'll be the first to admit that I don't do everything right, and I don't have all the answers. That's why I'm not going to moan about what's wrong with the world unless I know I'm doing everything I reasonably can to change it.

Mind your brothers, but focus on cleaning your own house first.
DucButt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2002, 12:24 AM   #116
DucButt
Founding Member

SilverBullet - I like a lot of what you have said on this topic, and you seem like a dude I could drink a beer with (AFTER putting the keys away). However, what I think people need to lighten up on is deciding what's right and what's wrong for SOMEONE ELSE. When you tell me that you know what someone else doesn't need, I see that as their freedom of choice being attacked. Among other things. After all, do you REALLY need a motorcycle?? I'm just saying - seems like a lot of "pot calling the kettle black".

Funny thing is, if we all met at Willow Springs for a track day, we'd be having a blast and slapping each other on the back. Good discussion, but I vote we wrap it up and get back to motorcycles. I promise, last post on this topic for me
Old 04-14-2002, 12:36 AM   #117
DucButt
Founding Member

By the way, where's prolific poster Joe_Momma in this discussion? Out measuring the lean angles of open classers? Come back, Joe - Burnsie had a little comic relief at your expense, but we miss you...
Old 04-14-2002, 01:36 AM   #118
shamaj21
Founding Member

Default Re: Selfishness vs. self-interest

Wow!
shamaj21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2002, 05:57 AM   #119
sarnali
Founding Member

absoulutly right, i you don't like 'em, don't buy 'em, All this ranting about suv's is alot like joe citizen's ranting about bikes. And ford focus's {foci ? } are damn fine little cars, maybe you should drive one before you talk *****
sarnali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2002, 06:01 AM   #120
jamesohoh7
Founding Member

I've never heard of that kind of fallacy of argument; what exactly is that, how does it work?

-James
jamesohoh7 is offline   Reply With Quote