Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Paranoid News Clips

Old 04-13-2002, 02:12 PM   #91
gazorp
Founding Member

Default Re: Burns:: Friday Fanaticism

you know what burns, maybe your underwear are too tight. i have no problem with what you say. i even agree with you alot. however, you deliver your thoughts with the grace of a chainsaw. that's ok though. we like that. we really, really like that.
gazorp is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 04-13-2002, 02:32 PM   #92
jmeyn
Founding Member

Default Re: Depends on what your definition of

The main source of Hydrogen is water. Either solar or wind power can be used to produce it; no petroleum is needed.
jmeyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2002, 02:47 PM   #93
ZRXRy
Founding Member

Default Re: Depends on what your definition of

Not without making electricity with it first, as far as I know. Not a process that is very cost-effecient at this time.

Also, hydrogen is extremely hard to handle. Gaseous hydrogen will leak out through just about any sort of fittings, hoses, etc, due to its tiny molecular size.

I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for hydrogen powered vehicles.
ZRXRy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2002, 03:39 PM   #94
Trunorth
Founding Member

Your out there Burnsy really out there ! But this is the perfect forum for you. I'd suggest you stick to motorcycling as opposed to politics but then again judging by the responses looks like you've developed a following. Your piece on SUV's is just plain wrong, let people buy what they want when they want and don't prejudge them or the society they operate in. Someone could just as easily turn the focus on the motorcycling constituency and ask why we need anything bigger than a single cylinder XR100. Want a 600 get one want a litre bike no problem, prefer a Hyabusa go for it. Freedom of choice and expression is what it is all about.

Trunorth
Trunorth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2002, 04:30 PM   #95
JOHN3COM
Founding Member

JB; Don't forget that they have a "Closed " society, much like the old USSR. Thier sprog know nothing of our culture. If they did, you could bet your last camel dung pudding that they would do ANYTHING to get over here, just like the rest of the world...

John2
JOHN3COM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2002, 05:01 PM   #96
99R6
Founding Member

thanx
99R6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2002, 05:03 PM   #97
99R6
Founding Member

Default Re: Selfishness vs. self-interest

You are right... but agruing in the veneer of a different argument and direction
Old 04-13-2002, 05:05 PM   #98
99R6
Founding Member

exactly right, grap
Old 04-13-2002, 05:25 PM   #99
motogeezer
Founding Member

Mr Burns, you would probably fight to the bitter end to support my freedom of choice to ride any motorcycle available, but the tone of this article leads me to believe that, given the option, you might vote to eliminate that similar freedom of choice for a cager to enjoy his vehicle of choice.

I believe that befor the world's oil reserves are depleted, science will develop alternative sorces of energy, but how could we ever replace our lost freedom ?
motogeezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2002, 05:34 PM   #100
flying_hun
Founding Member

Go, Burns, go! Someone needs to speak truth, especially when it's uncomfortable. As for the tendency of some to claim that anyone who points out the absence of clothes on the emperor as some left-wing-pinko-faggot-tree-hugging-trotskyite-lover-of-big-bill-haywood, screw 'em! They're hiding behind epithets because it's easier than thinking and taking responsibility (despite how much their representatives in Congress love to preach personal responsibility) for their actions.

Say again, brother Burns!
flying_hun is offline   Reply With Quote