Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Paranoid News Clips

Old 04-03-2002, 04:18 PM   #61
tedsim
Founding Member

Default Re: Conspiracy or Testosterone?

I understand what your point is.. Yes there was a generalizing of the brand in question, possibly due to the reporter not looking into the story, or was "dumbing it down" to Ninjas as nearly everyone can relate to what a Ninja is looks like. So, yes, i agree that it is shallow reporting, but it would be YOUR generalization to say that therefore, everything else in the article that was reported was erroneous as well.

Regardless, to take away from that article only your distaste for the reporting of that fact, is missing the most important poin of all.. Deaths due to unsafe driving. We should all work towards driving safe, and encouraging others as well.

tedsim is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 04-03-2002, 05:17 PM   #62
TheFox
Founding Member

Default Or...

Maybe they were ninjas on sportbikes, not sportbikers on ninjas.

Then again, maybe not.

--Foxy

The best bike to take a trip on is the one you have.
TheFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2002, 06:23 PM   #63
banda
Founding Member

Default Re: Bakersfield Line?

That post is pretty unfair to late apexing. Late apexing, as David Hough, author of Proficient Motorcycling teaches it, is not a speed strategy but a sound safety strategy. The idea of late apexing is that you have the least possible load on your tires at the apex of the corner, and that the most load is placed on the tires in a part of the corner that is easily seen from the entrance. This necessitates a lower entry speed, quite the opposite of the "Bakersfield Line" rubbish that the post stands to refute.

Perhaps there exists some other definition of late apexing of which I am unaware, but David Hough's description of late apexing has nothing to do with speed and everything to do with safety.
banda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2002, 08:10 PM   #64
P-Ratt
Premium Member

Default Re: A good thing gone bad

There is no question in my mind of the wreckless bikers being the cause of the accident.

A couple of years ago a friend was run off the road. He swerved to avoid contact, but caught the grassy edge of a 2-lane FM and went down. Upon consulting with his lawyer, he found out that he was liable for the damages to his own bike because there was no contact to cause the accident, just his decision to move aside at a bad time.

I hope the responsible parties get what is coming to them without getting the rest of us lumped into the same profiling group.
FZ1
P-Ratt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2002, 08:33 PM   #65
P-Ratt
Premium Member

Go to yahoo.com and search keyword ninja. You will find the story there, but MO has actually posted the WHOLE thing. Just goes to show what quality of reporting goes on at yahoo.
FZ1
P-Ratt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2002, 09:04 PM   #66
dnakase
Founding Member

Default Re: A good thing gone bad

Hey! I resemble that remark!
dnakase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2002, 10:55 PM   #67
12er
Founding Member

Default Re: Just another symptom

Ive witnessed several things that ended up in the papers over the years and I can honestly say what they ended up writing was more fiction than fact. Most truthes are not that interesting, but if you can put a spin on it news sells. I also love how the News is more of a criminals best friend. I remember the first carjacking reported in Sacramento many many years ago, then within a month there were 30 more reported. Then this year has been way too scary aiding anyone interested in terrorism. Constant reports of how " Airport security is still not being upheld." Then showing how an undercover reporter smuggles something through. We were off to a good start, passing laws, showing national guard troops and more detection equipment. Hell I was sold and if I were a would be terrorist I would of thought twice. Then the news is showing you how to get around it. Or pointing out more targets and showing you were to get more info on them. Journalists say they have an obligation to "inform the Public" but mostly they inform the criminal. Ive read a few storys about how terrorist schemes that werent even thought of until the News pointed it out, like my carjacking reference above. And why is it all news is bad news? Well accept for every so often at the end of the broadcast they will give a touchy feely story. But bad news sells, good news nobody really cares about...
12er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2002, 03:43 AM   #68
jmeyn
Founding Member

Yukk!
jmeyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2002, 04:12 AM   #69
jmeyn
Founding Member

Default Re: Bakersfield Line?

The post says: The primary requirement of the implementation of this technique is that one must use 100 percent of the traction of the tire in "all directions," whether braking, turning, or accelerating.

The late apex line performed at 100% braking followed by full lean and 100% acceleration fits that definition. It's safer than just carrying max lean using the whole road, but it isn't safe off the track.
jmeyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2002, 04:20 AM   #70
13kft
Founding Member

Default www.realultimatepower.net

Eveything you wanted to know about Ninjas.
13kft is offline   Reply With Quote